Mya Moe Secret Vault Collection: Mya Moe 1848 - All Myrtle

This has to be the strangest for sale threads I have ever seen here. I think we all agree that this particular instrument is:
A) a masterpiece, a top of the line example of the craftsmanship available from Mya Moe.
B) a bargain as the asking price is a fraction of the original cost.
C) that the greater proportion of Uke players couldn’t afford it. (I play with various groups, totaling about 100-130 people. If 5 of these people have an instrument that costs more than $1200 I’d be surprised).
At least we are keeping this post at the top of the for sale list.

aye brother. couldn't agree more.

All this praise for this uke, makes me want to change my mind :)
I think I will create a separate listing for 1181 and which ever sells at the price I like first..
The original cost was around $3200

All this praise for this uke, makes me want to change my mind :)
I think I will create a separate listing for 1181 and which ever sells at the price I like first..
The original cost was around $3200

I guess that I have a good understanding of value as $3200 was my guess of the original price.

Last edited:
Creat a separate listing for the bean sprout....

Separate listing for 1181 is up.. will post the beansprout soon as well.
I have one potential buyer 1848 but waiting for the payment to come through..

Sold (if curious, for pretty much the listed price, with a tiny discount due to PayPal issuses)

I stayed in touch with whom I sold this to. He plans to sell this uke. If any one is interested reach out here.

I think this is one of those ukuleles where you either love its looks, or you don't. They did a masterful job book-matching the spalting. It's an outstanding MyaMoe tenor with a jaw-dropping appearance.

Some lucky player will get a great uke.

Thanks Ritesh for helping post this. I am in somewhat dire straits and this uke is way too good for me. It has D'Addario low G non wound on it and it sounds great, still 99.8% condition. I'll take 1800 (half original price) plus shipping. Thanks and PM me if interested Kev

I bought this back from hambone49.
After playing it yesterday, I realized that I missed it!

Also, I remembered Pete Howlett mentioning that Les Stansell supplied Myrtle to Mya Moe and as it turns out this set was from Les’ stash! Quite happy to own 3 ukes that have origin in Les’ shed!

It's great that you are reunited with an old friend in this MyaMoe, and you could help out Hambone49 at the same time. Well done.

Top Bottom