Only my third ever song with uke...

S11LKO

Reaction score
Hi troops,

As a few of you know, I’m not (yet, but hopefully will be soon) a uke player, and this is only my third ever song attempted using one, so please go easy on me.

It’s my first try at the song, and I’m using a new banjolele (well, I’ve had it a while just never really tried to play it) I haven’t even had it set up properly yet.

Video is as happened live whilst recording direct to my iPad via its inbuilt mic, and complete with my many playing and vocal cock-ups.

There’s been no post sound processing - do you think it’d sound this bad if there HAD been? ��

I’ll try it again in a few weeks to see if I’ve progressed a little.

Last edited:
Can't see it, it says video unavailable. But, if it's anything like your other ones, I'm sure it's great!

Sorry...there was a glitch on YouTube. Should be corrected now. And as to it being ‘great’, I wouldn’t expect too much my friend, but I thank you sincerely for the compliment. X

Your performance tells me you are a natural !
You must be one of those guys can just pick up an instrument and start strumming , singing having fun ! Sound quality is great ! Are you using the iPad Pro version ?
I was tapping along ! Put a smile on my face on a hectic work day. Such a joy to watch. Thank you and keep it coming

Very nice Dave. You sounded great. And good song choice as well.

Can I make a special request? Can you do Misses Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter ala Herman's Hermits?

Luke

Thanks for ALL your kind comments everyone; they’re all very appreciated and they certainly inspire me enough to keep practicing.

Haha, Luke. You *DO* like your Herman and his mates, don’t you? I’ll definitely have a look at it and give it a go for you, but I’m off to sunny Corfu on Sunday for 14 days, so it won’t be until I get back.

On a different theme, I got together with some mates this evening and we tried a couple of rock songs using our guitars. It went wrong big time! ;)

I’m about to post a one minute clip of the disaster in the guitar video section if you fancy seeing what stepping out of my comfort zone can lead to... lol

Are you using the iPad Pro version ?

Hi Brenda,
I’m so sorry...I forgot to answer your question...

No. All I have is one of the 1st edition iPad Air’s.

I’m lucky in that for some reason I get a reasonable sounding recording through its in-built mic.

I do want to invest into some ‘proper’ recording kit soon, but to be honest, I haven’t a clue where to start as I’ve only ever - apart from three or four open mic nights a friend ran and asked me to attend - sat on a sofa singing and playing for my own enjoyment.

Dave......just fantastic. As people have alluded to you are a natural performer and that style of music suits your performance style and voice. The banjolele is made for this music......a match made in heaven. Loved it!
Mike

Top Bottom