thinning out sme ukes moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

dismount

Reaction score
ok uke folks been a long time since I was here. getting older and moving so some ukes are going to go but I dont like it. I have a early 30's favilla repaired a martin soprano about 1928 bar frets a silvertone reworked so it sounds great, I also have a harptone soprano case from the twentys in fair to good shape with royal blue inside...favilla is 160.00 martin is 250.00 and case is 250.00. message me if really intersted for pics. last time I tried to sell my martin tenor with pics I got beatup pretty good about how bad it was ! so lets try this haha thanks everyone.

First of all let me wish you all success with the sale(s).

Sorry not to be thinking of buying but one of the downsides of living here in the U.K. is that it is rarely practical to buy from US sellers, shipping charges and import duties are very costly. Sometimes previously imported instruments are offered for sale and I wonder about one of them at some point. Occasionally an affordable Silvertone comes up for sale here, but I’ve not yet bid on one.

Respectfully, what can be done to rework a Silvertone so that it sounds great? Are some Silvertone models and/or vintages going to give better results than others? Are you able to compare an improved Silvertone with say a Favillia? Thanks in anticipation of your answer.

Last edited:
Any pics ? I am interested in the favilla and the martin.
But most of the time, I hardly even consider a new uke without pictures and video of the sound.

ok uke folks been a long time since I was here. getting older and moving so some ukes are going to go but I dont like it. I have a early 30's favilla repaired a martin soprano about 1928 bar frets a silvertone reworked so it sounds great, I also have a harptone soprano case from the twentys in fair to good shape with royal blue inside...favilla is 160.00 martin is 250.00 and case is 250.00. message me if really intersted for pics. last time I tried to sell my martin tenor with pics I got beatup pretty good about how bad it was ! so lets try this haha thanks everyone.

I think you might want to read "Rules for posting" so you'll get more responses. They are very helpful.

very kind of you to ask that. first intonation was bad the last 3 frets. I moved the frets properly, then took a sliver of ebony and placed it behind the existing insert in the bridge. the front of the old silvertones are quarter sawn mhg. and the body is larger than a standard soprano. so im my humble opinion it was worth redoing to get almost perfect tone and volume. it is rare indeed to see a uku top quarter sawn today. Sir are you interested in the silvertone?? or want to see a pic?

oh thank you my old phone can hardly send pics you are great sir please see next thread I was able somehow to load some pics on the other thread

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom