FS: Kamaka HF-2 100th *EUROPE*

maxmax

Reaction score
Hi Gang,

I bought this new earlier this summer, thinking I really wanted a concert sized uke, but I've proved to myself yet again that I'm a soprano man through and through.

It must be one of the very last 100th anniversary ukes they made, because the date is stamped 31 December 2016. Apart from putting a set of D'addario Nyltech strings on it, it's in the same exact shape as when I bought it, so it really is practically new. It sounds and plays great! I personally really like the look of the wood of this example too. Kamaka case included.

I'm asking for 1000 Euros, but converted to SEK (we can use xe.com on the day of sale to see what the exact exchange rate is). PayPal. I'll include the cost of shipping within Europe. It's located in the south of Sweden right now in case someone wants to come by and try it out.

If by any chance someone happens to have a Kamaka HF-1 or a Vintage Martin in Koa, I might be tempted to figure out a trade.

Thanks for looking,
Max

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 186
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 140
  • headstock.jpg
    headstock.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 152
  • case.jpg
    case.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 115
If you weren't in another country I woulid trade you my as new, mint HF-1 Anniversary soprano with all paperwork and unfilled warranty card. I think it is the same manufacture date. I was told that they used that date although it might of been made later to fill orders made within the anniversary year.

Good luck with your search.

Thanks Uke Man. And thanks regarding the explanation about the date, I had not heard that but it makes sense. I bought this uke from ukulele.de and they said it was made in 2017 which I thought was weird since it's an anniversary model, but I guess they might have been right after all. Also, now I don't feel so bad for the poor soul at Kamaka building ukuleles on New Year's Eve. :p

Thanks Uke Man. And thanks regarding the explanation about the date, I had not heard that but it makes sense. I bought this uke from ukulele.de and they said it was made in 2017 which I thought was weird since it's an anniversary model, but I guess they might have been right after all. Also, now I don't feel so bad for the poor soul at Kamaka building ukuleles on New Year's Eve. :p
. Hahahaha, if they were working that day and building I’d be surprised.

I live in Moss, Norway near Swedish border - this sounds very interesting. Are you living near Malmö or Göteborg ? Id love to test before I buy. I have a Robert Collins handmade soprano that might interest you.

Hi Finn, thanks for the message, I've emailed you!

I have had a few people outside of Europe interested and I have looked into what it would take for me to get the CITES paperwork for that, but I'm afraid it's a bit too time consuming for me right now. Normally they say it would take at least one month to get the papers from the Swedish government, but I'm quite sure it would take longer than that this time of year. So I'm really sorry, but I am only looking to sell this within Europe. I'm also no longer interested in trades.

Thanks again for looking, it's a really nice uke! :)
Max

Top Bottom