Bugsgear Eleuke SL-T Tenor

Reaction score
Hi guys. I've been lurking for a while and would have lurked longer but something came up that I had to share.

Bit of a cautionary tale about a Bugsgear Eleuke SL-T Tenor that I bought a few weeks ago direct from Bugsgear.

Long story short, buy with caution. The pictures on the website (and on Amazon for that matter) do not match the product that arrived. The general standard of finish is not awesome. It's somewhere South of awesome.

No detailing around the sound hole, visible screws holding the neck, within the decorative hole there is a rough, unfinished feel.

Action is high too.

I got in touch with Bugsgear via email to let them know of my dissatisfaction, they replied with a dodgy answer of "we changed the design. Hope you understand"

Other than that, feels solid and sounds terrific. Just don't expect what is pictured.

I've included some shots of mine and the Amazon listing for comparison (it has been removed from the Bugsgear site, oddly).

Regards and stuff.20180721_174155.jpg20180721_174227.jpg20180721_174209.jpg41JfonloPSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg41vilsc8YKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Cool looking instrument. I hope they get their QC up to snuff.

I'm not surprised that there are some visible signs of relatively inexpensive mass-production, like those glue marks and rough finish here and there.
They are "inexpensive" instruments made in China afterall.

However, it is disappointing that what you got was significantly different in design from their website photos.
Technically you would be eligible for a refund or exchange since what you paid for is not what you got.

It seems they changed the aesthetics of the big "hole" and changed the neck to a bolt-on neck.
These things don't really affect the overall quality of the instrument, but still it is different to what you saw and expected.

Nevertheless, happy to hear that the instrument functions well.

Top Bottom