season 336: shorts not trousers

This is definitely new ground for me...no clue where to start so I went to a sure source of inspiration. Now the set to music is a whole different animal.

A great idea to shake things up Jon.Here's an original. DFAD tuning.I thought I'd need at least 90 seconds...but i made it in exactly 60.

Wiped their faces
Tied their shoes
Never left her state
Or made the evening news

Smiled benignly at
Rachel’s green hair
Somehow raised bail the night
Bobby went spare

A small piece of love
Against life’s push and shove

Held David’s hand
In the fever of ‘10
Now they’re standing around her
Remembering when

Gone way too young
At the age of fifty one

It’s a short life
But well led

what a start. incredible stuff you fellas have brought in the first 1/2 hour.
how'm I gonna get time to watch the Tour de France with all this crazy good music comin in.
smashing it guys.

just so y'all know,
i'm gonna post individual comments on the youtube thingy
to paste it on the board here is just repetitive and takes an age.
rather spend that time with the songs. cheers y'all.
here's to an awesome week of music ahead if the beginning is any indication.

signed,
your rapt host.

The World is waiting for the Sunrise consists of 16-measure choruses.
There are two with different lyrics.
Played at 134 BpM that takes 0:59 seconds.
One second to spare....

G'day, Mate! Have I got a little ripper of a song for you here ... in fact, I DO believe it's your National Anthem! (And P.S. Can I have bonus points for wearing shorts?)

Last edited:

I’ve been meaning to email my colleague Neil from my previous job about my current whereabouts. This is what I’d like to say.

As always, please subscribe to my new YouTube Channel. I’m up to 55 subscribers, and I will make a donation to Girls Rock Camp Boston when I get to 75.

Season 336. Submission 1. "Beneath The Flames, The Waves" An Original Song (Copyright Linda Opyr, 2018)

Well, Jon, here I am. This is your week. And I wouldn't miss writing for your week for the world.

My bad, Jon - 62 seconds. I've missed the mark, but wanted it for you as it came out. If you like, I can edit out some strumming and send that extra 2 seconds packing. But I know you love real. And this cut is the real. I hope you like it and I thank you for putting the pen in my hand to stir what I've been feeling.

Thank you very very much for hosting and your brilliant theme.

Last edited:
I went out Kajakking with my Wife this afternoon in our new Intex Explorer K2, which is an inflatable Kajak. It resolved into this tune:

Ahoy-hoy
I am going through my book of children songs (I used to be a kindergarten instructor so I have a few songbooks)
Before that though I recorded the theme from a brilliant show called Pat&Mat - a Czech masterpiece.

Ahoy
I have another one (two) done.
These are both children's/folk songs that I learned when I was a child.
The 1st one originates from... Latvia... I think...
This is "Foli, foli, fótalipri" (Stallion, stallion, with swift feet)

The other one is Icelandic and is called "Göngum, göngum" (Walking, walkin - or let's walk, let's walk)

Great theme - Short and sweet. Here's my contribution, Her Majesty by The Beatles. Last week the fountain caused issues with sound so I came inside for better quality. Note my awesome Dukes of Hazzard lunch box that I picked up at a garage sale yesterday for fifty cents. Enjoy.

Hi Seasonistas!

It’s been a little while, this summer has been kind of busy. This theme is perfect, though. I can get some quick songs in when I can. This one is an original I wrote a few months ago and never did anything with.

Earlier this summer, while I was learning how to use Garageband, I started a silly Wizard Rock project called “Ronald Weasley and the Ukuleke of Doom. The songs are all from the perspective of Ronald Weasley, Harry Potter’s best friend. This one is about the time when Hermione drinks some potion and it accidental turns her into a cat.

Hot as hell here in Finland. Temperatures creeping into the 30's
So I got semi naked for this one. Not so new tune to and old poem
which is just too clever for its short pants.

Something from the Psalms for Sunday.

This is a song I wrote several years ago for 4-part a capella harmony. This version has simplified chords and is a little peppier than the way I originally envisioned it, which at a slower tempo runs around 70-80 seconds or thereabouts.

Top Bottom