season 336: shorts not trousers

Somewhere between the Bill Monroe and the Elvis versions. Hoping to stay out of Zombie Bill Monroe's dog house ...

Gutted to say this will probably be my only contribution this week - heading off to my brother’s place in deepest rural France midweek for 5 days R&R so probably won’t get the opportunity to add to this. It’s a great theme and I’d have relished the chance to do more, but equally it’ll be nice to get away from it all and spend some time catching up with people I love dearly but don’t see nearly enough nowadays. Have fun everyone - here’s a song I love from OutKast:

Pretty much none of my songs this Season will be "safe for work." If rough language bothers you, avoid me this week :p

If, one the other hand, you remember the energy and intensity of 80s punk and hardcore fondly, let's have some fun. Here's a hardcore mixtape classic!

I wanted the shortest possible video, so I didn't say, "Howdy, this is the 336th Season of the Ukulele." But I hope you'll still add this version of the shortest punk song I know to the playlist :p

More punk and hardcore to come later in the week. Whee!

Last edited:

Hey, she said, hey
You were dreaming again
It must've been a bad one
Would you like to talk it out?

I've already forgotten
I told a little lie
Sometimes I'd rather just let
Sleeping dreams go by

having so much fun I feel guilty.
the playlist from this week is already to die for.
every range of emotions, for worse or better.
was hoping for lots of originals and they are coming in spades,
and quality. thanks all for embracing the week.
not even 24 hours in and 33 songs posted.
just gonna go catch my breath and put the link to the playlist
in post #1 of the thread.
meantimes, here's one from me I wrote yesterday
with joojoo on the harmony

My next song is even 4 seconds shorter than my first one:
And the Band played on

I could write a book about the back story behind this original. Suffice to say it's a song about Skwishy Bear, a stuffed deity for whom this was one of many songs of devotion.

I sifted through the songs I have to hand, and this seemed the shortest. I even slowed it down a bit, and I still I had time to spare.

Dylan's Desolation Row.All 10 verses are represented. 11.30 minutes down to 1:02.I may have omitted a line.....or 2.
Now I'm moving on to the 5 hours of Wagner's Ring Cycle.

wrote this one this morning
as the kettle it was boiling
and dragged in brother Kev for the anointing...

2a.m., and too hot to sleep...strange ideas go round and round...then you think, actually, what the heck, I'll give it a go.

brilliant day 1, ladies and notso-gentlemen. ;)
overflowingawesomeness.
hittin the hay now.
playlist up at post #1
see you tomorrow.
if you could see me smiling you'd see me smiling.
love y'all.

Top Bottom