Brussels calling!

Laelia

Reaction score
Hi I'm luna! I live close to Brussels and was once a professional musician :D now I just butt about and do ukulele challenges for fun, I'm currently on level four of yousician and climbing!

IMG_20180724_144341.jpg

I love ukulele probably more than anything, I have a major psychiatric disorder and honestly uke has kept me alive! I've been playing for almost two years seriously, and add another four years for tinkering 😂 I can't wait to meet you all and improve my playing!

Welcome to the forum! You mentioned that you played professionally - what instrument(s) was your workhorse?

Hi Luna, and welcome to the forum. This place is a great way to meet other uke enthusiasts and there is always to much to learn.

John Colter

Welcome to the forum! You mentioned that you played professionally - what instrument(s) was your workhorse?

My voice and blokfluit (recorder) by trade, it's pretty big here and bigger in Holland! I'm still surrounded by music but the stress of an art degree was just overwhelming. Now I teach ukulele/singing/recorder/theory to treasured friends and I'm trying to convert all of them to ukulele 🤣

I favour the ukulele these days for it's surprising complexity to play mixed with the clearest and purest of simple, happy sounds. Sounds that bring joy into peoples' lives!

I favour the ukulele these days for it's surprising complexity to play mixed with the clearest and purest of simple, happy sounds. Sounds that bring joy into peoples' lives!

Agreed! After years on guitar, this little ukulele made me inspired again!

Agreed! After years on guitar, this little ukulele made me inspired again!

A kindred spirit! I confess being very jaded about music, mostly the learning aspect which I believe needs a shakedown! However the ukulele turns me into a smiley, goofy little kid holding her first instrument again :)

Welcome to the forums, Luna!! I'm a huge fan (and player) of the recorder. I'm a lover of early music :)

Welcome to the forums, Luna!! I'm a huge fan (and player) of the recorder. I'm a lover of early music :)

We should talk recorder sometime 8)

It's cheesy but six year old me loved it then and I love it now and my favourite song is probably always gonna be greens levees :D I'm trying to tinker with an elaborate version with both rhythm and lead parts on recorder and uke! (people say I'm crazy yes all the time :D)

I actually just put my uke down to watch six hours of docs about Henry the 8th, rip my history nerd ass :')

Welcome aboard!

Welcome. Ukulele keeps a lot of us sane. It sounds like you are very talented.

Top Bottom