Hi Everyone I am new here.

LM69

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am new here. I read the great book "The complete what ukulele players really want to know" written by Barry Maz. He mentioned this forum several times in the book and I felt I had to be a member here.
I bought my first ukelele in July 2003 (handmade from a coconut at Mactan Island, Philippines), but I didn't manage to learn anything by my self then. I see that one as a funny thing from the Philippines.

I have been playing the guitar for soon too many (38) years and I still reckon that the guitar is my main instrument. I play the guitar almost every day for an hour or two. I also do play some bass. The ukulele is not played that often as the guitar, but I do like to play on it.

I joined a local music club for almost exactly 5 years ago and last autumn they decided to start to play the ukulele. Then I bought my second ukelele from Gear 4 music. Not any fancy one just a cheap tenor ukelele (my fingers are too big for soprano ukeleles) with pick-up and inbuilt tuner. Last week I changed strings and now it is tuned with a low G. I plan to get another tenor ukelele and my plan is to have one with a low G and one in standard tuning.
Later last year I got a soprano uke from a co worker who had one too many ukeleles.

By the way I am from south east of Sweden.

Welcome, LM69.

Sounds like it might be a choice time to start a Swedish Death Metal Ukulele Band!

No,I don't think so. I play mostly acoustic guitar, (but I have an Epiphone SG among my guitars in my music corner in the basement) and the music club I joined for soon 5 years ago play mostly old swedish traditional folksongs like CM Bellman etc...

Awesome LM69! Welcome. I wonder how far back or long ago the ukulele was first introduced to Sweden? Anyway, UU is the place to be!

Welcome, and good to have you with us.

Top Bottom