Hawaii Ukulele Trip 2018

ukulelechef

Reaction score
I recently came back from my family vacation from Hawaii. I must say that it is probably one of the best trips that I had. Not only was it a fabulous food tour, but also made it an ukulele tour as well. I was able to take several factory tours including Kanile'a, Koaloha and Ko'olau. I was able to meet several of of the noted ukulele personalities in the ukulele community including Joe Souza (Kanile'a), Alvin "Pops" Okami (Koaloha), Noa Bonk (Ko'olau). I also got to go to the Ukulele Site store and visit with Sean Tiwanak and met Andrew Kitakis (HMS) at the 48th Annual Ukulele Festival. It was awesome to see Jake Shimabukuro perform on stage live! It was able to pick up a Pineapple Sunday signed and played by Pops at Koaloha and placed an order for a custom built Ko'olau. I don't think I could ever top this trip of a lifetime!

Attachments

• IMG_0468.jpg
    IMG_0468.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0301.jpg
    IMG_0301.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0984.jpg
    IMG_0984.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 107
  • C3989CDA-2A2E-49CD-85A7-818D3803950E.jpg
    C3989CDA-2A2E-49CD-85A7-818D3803950E.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 106
Sounds like a dream vacation with some great souvenirs. Enjoy the new ukuleles.

Thanks for sharing some of your trip with us! Cool!!

Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to do a trip like this for myself one day.

Congrats on your order! Now the hardest part, waiting for Noa to build you uke.

You can read your joy in the story. I expect to do my first trip to Hawaii sometime next year.

It sounds like you had a wonderful trip. Congratulations on the custom order and the Pineapple Sunday (those are great ukes).

Memories to last a lifetime. Fun too!

I was on Oahu early in the year and the tour at the Kanile’a factory was a highlight of my trip. Their kindness and warmth was outstanding. Oh, and the make really great ukes too!

Top Bottom