one foot in Mexico - one in Arizona

millstb1

Reaction score
Hello all,
glad to have found this group. I'm a converted guitar player (western swing swing jazz gypsy jazz) and had bought a Uke 2 years ago and immediately thought ... 'too small, only 4 strings, what can I do with this ?' The answer was - put it in the closet ... zoom in to 1 month ago - my fretting fingers were feeling the pain of pressure on steel strings, not to mention the ills of their 71 year old owner, so I remembered that the Uke was nylon string. Strung her up and tuned her (forever on new strings) and somehow was transported into a mild state of undeniable bliss... could it be that this unassuming little box had cast a spell on me, I was pleasantly surprised and immediately tried converting my repertoire over to Uke. It, of course will take some time... but you are reading first hand the account of an individual who thought they were way past the point of child-like surprise only to be completely smitten by my 4 string wonder...

Now to the title - I travel back and forth to San Carlos Mexico where I keep a sailboat. I have been looking for any Uke tabs pertaining to Mexican music - any type .. if you know any links please share them.

shout out to Aldrine whose beginner Uke minutes I really love

cheers miller from Arizona

Welcome to the forum!

Hi Miller,

welcome to the forums!
And thanks for welcoming me over in my thread :)
1987 was a nice year and I finished school back then.

And yes, it's not easy to get a good job here, unless you have great references (which I don't).

I wish you lots of fun with your re-found uke!
Dominique

PS. If you make it to Berlin, drop me a line and we can have a beer/wine/coffee together

Last edited:
Top Bottom