Question: how to find threaded or hybrid navigation of posts

crickettoo

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to the site. I'm trying to figure out how to view the discussions in a threaded way instead of linear. I read the FAQ (see below) that said it would be on the top bar as "display mode". I do not see that. Where is it? Thanks.

You have a choice over how you view threads. When you're in a thread, look at the top bar. On the right hand side you'll see 'Display Mode'. Click on this and it lets you change how posts are ordered.

You have three choices:

Linear Mode - posts are displayed chronologically, usually from oldest to newest. Posts are shown in a flat mode so that many posts can be viewed simultaneously. It is possible to change the ordering by changing your preferences in the User CP

Threaded Mode - a tree is shown along with every post. This shows you the relationship each post has to the others. It's easy to see who responded to whom. Only one post is shown at a time. By clicking on a single post in the post tree, the page will show that post and all posts made in response to it.

Hybrid Mode - This is a mixture of the linear and threaded modes. The post tree is displayed as in the threaded mode, but many posts are shown at the same time as in the linear modes.

Top right - Settings
Then on the left - General Settings
Scroll down to - Thread Display Options

The forum has probably changed since that was written. :)

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. When I do that, on the "display thread options", I get only 2 choices, linear-oldest first or linear-newest first. There are no "threaded" or "hybrid" options.

No problem. Thanks for looking. Is there someone around that manages the site who could help me with this?

Top Bottom