Renaissance diatonic cittern I've just finished building

Dusepo

Reaction score
AgtUhQt.jpg

Wow.

I've just been looking at your database. Just out of interest, are there any other instruments tuned thed same way as re-entrant ukulele?

Wow.

I've just been looking at your database. Just out of interest, are there any other instruments tuned thed same way as re-entrant ukulele?

There are many similar tuned instruments, yes. The charango (with different octaves and an extra e course on top), Venezuelan cuatro (re-entrant the other way!), timple (with a d on top), the guitarron chileno (with ridiculous amounts of strings and an extra lower course), jarana jarocha (again with an extra course), etc etc

Its always interesting to see what you are making. As I have said before, you appear to be very productive. Its a pity you are so far away, otherwise I would be tempted to visit! Keep them coming along with sound clips please.

I hate to be grumpy, but what does this post have to do with ukuleles? I don't get it.

It's a luthiers lounge ( Definition: luthier (/ˈluːtiər/ LOO-ti-ər) is someone who builds or repairs string instruments generally consisting of a neck and a sound box).

I for one am interested in all string instrument making and the skills involved in making them.

Why not try acquiring a new skill? See if you can make a lute backed instrument or try to design an instrument based on an old painting-these are things that Joe
seems to do every day of the week.

Do you get it yet?

I hate to be grumpy, but what does this post have to do with ukuleles? I don't get it.

I for one welcome our new cittern overlords.

Many would call 99% of my work non-ukulele compliant as well. Jo's work is beautiful and interesting from a historical and cross cultural ukulelical perspective.

On the other hand as a certified token grumpy old git myself I support your right to do whatever it is that you do or want to do and be grumpy at it. We are after all old enough and ugly enough to know better anyway.

It's a luthiers lounge ( Definition: luthier (/ˈluːtiər/ LOO-ti-ər) is someone who builds or repairs string instruments generally consisting of a neck and a sound box).

I for one am interested in all string instrument making and the skills involved in making them.

Why not try acquiring a new skill? See if you can make a lute backed instrument or try to design an instrument based on an old painting-these are things that Joe
seems to do every day of the week.

Do you get it yet?

Quite right it say's "Luthiers Lounge" So lets have a few guitars and violins lutes and mandolins on as well...and more banjos. I'm all for it. :)
But! there is another sub section on the forum for other instruments https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/forumdisplay.php?44-Other-Instruments

Last edited:
Quite right it say's "Luthiers Lounge" So lets have a few guitars and violins lutes and mandolins on as well...and more banjos. I'm all for it. :)
But! there is another sub section on the forum for other instruments https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/forumdisplay.php?44-Other-Instruments

Not a bad idea but I would like to see it under a tab in the Luthier section because it would be more of interest to us and easier to view past threads rather than having them intermixed in the above link.

This sub-forum is for Ukulele Building as well as luthiers. They post here to answer questions from members as well as discuss and share tidbits of info/tips with other Luthiers on the art of building a stringed instrument.

Top Bottom