Season 337: Desserts

This is one I plan to do for a library storytime in the fall:

Here's one I remember from the 70's by Billy "Crash" Craddock", who was something of a country Elvis knock off. I'm mildly surprised Alan didn't do this one this week, seems kinda up his alley.

Here's a song I stumbled upon the other day, so I decided to work it up quick for my last song for Dave's fabulous Desserts week. It's from 1978 by a guy named Jim Wise, and this was produced by Porter Wagoner. It's an alright tune.

This is about the Great Molasses Flood Of 1915.

I have a better original tomorrow! I’m also going to cover Route 66 when I get to 66 subscribers on my new YouTube channel. What better time to subscribe?!

Blue Bell ice cream is made in Brenham, Texas. They make just about every flavor of ice cream you can imagine. They have made many commercials over the years, with many different songs to go with them. Most of the songs are 1 minute long, and are kind of sentimental country-flavored things. This was one of their 30-second songs, and was always my favorite. They pack a lot of stuff into 30 seconds. Starting with some twangy country guy and his guitar, it goes through an African-American gospel quartet, a mariachi band, and a bunch of people packed onto a porch with a variety of folk/country instruments, plus a few others.

original commercial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54XHWdE0kq8

Last edited:
How much do I love Jamaican dancehall music from the early 80s? Lots. And how delicious is this frozen dancehall delight? I'll leave that to y'all.

Thank you for a sweet Season!

Wow! This was a week long project song that I had to do in bits and pieces. Sorry for the lame video, but I had no time to record anything. I had fun with this and doing all the layers was very interesting. I never realized how much Micky is on this particular Davy song. This is Cuddly Toy by The Monkees.

I want to thank all of you seasonistas, Especially Brian, for helping me break in my first contests. It wasn't as tough as it looked and plowed right along. But, sadly, all seasons have to come to an end. There are songs that I've never heard of and you guys really do a lot. I guess I don't listen to that much music enough. I don't know. I hope to do another one of these seasons sometime in the future.

Once again, Thank you.

Dave McMillin

Dave, thank you very much for all the thought and listening that went into your hosting. It was a beautiful week of music. I'm still a bit behind in listening, but hope to catch up in the next few days. Thank you so much again! Linda :)

Dave, thank you very much for all the thought and listening that went into your hosting. It was a beautiful week of music. I'm still a bit behind in listening, but hope to catch up in the next few days. Thank you so much again! Linda :)

You're so kind, Linda. Last week was a sugar-induced week full of wonderful videos. It was all fun and I hope to do it again. Once again, thank you.

Dave, thanks so much for hosting such a delicious week of music. It was great fun :)

Very late entry, but here is a one-take version of Solar Sister, by the Posies, which qualifies, I believe, because of the line "Frosting on the beater".

Hope anyone who catches this enjoys it.

Top Bottom