Season 337: Desserts

Is Candyfloss OK? The clouds are made of it, according to this 1960s TV theme

Thanks for hosting this one Dave, don't worry about a thing 'cos it's your party and you're the one doing the judging not the other way around. Good luck mate,enjoy.

Now I'm off to see if I can find a song about Spotted Dick ;)

Last edited:
I think this song is pretty cute, and I did it awhile back. It was fun to try it again for Desserts week.

I will admit that this came to me faster than it should have...and if you guys would, remind me not to play the Baritone on video at my desk...always comes out way to bass-y. That is all for now. Thanks for the reason to play this one Dave...sorry I did not have the requisite dance routine and outfit options it really needs to put it over the top :)

Mum used to make this really good peach-based dessert when I was a kid and I can't for life of me remember what it was. If that's not enough of a link the lyrics refer to peaches as Natures Candy. I don't know too many dessert based songs not dropping with innuendo and I've wanted to do this one for a while so I figured it was a good place to start.

Isaac is not as much of a fan of my music as Nathan is yet. I'm sure I'll wear him down eventually.

Reaching into the way-back machine for a little bit of the inevitable, but still oh so good...

An original.

Just to clarify, Mamaw's coffee cake was not a cake that was made with coffee as an ingredient. It was a cake intended to be eaten while drinking coffee. But we ate it all the time. She never said if she got the recipe from somewhere, or if she just made it up herself, or maybe learned it from her mother or someone else. But she did write the recipe down by hand and my sister now has it.

Attempted harmonica honking.

“Hard Candy” is slang for underage girls. A former friend hooked up with one of his students. After the student called me to tell me what happened, I blocked his number and never looked back. (I previously wrote about this guy in the first song I ever wrote.

I’d like to sail into the coming week with 64 subscribers. If you like my videos, please subscribe to my new YouTube channel!

Season 337. Submission 1. "My Favorite Things" (Words by Oscar Hammerstein II and music by Richard Rodgers, 1959)
This song was featured in the the score for "My Fair Lady."

Thank you very much for hosting, Dave. This song mentions apple strudel, a fine dessert imho. :)

Here ya go Del!

This is the one I woulda baked you :)

Best Cake Ever

1 box dark chocolate cake mix
1 12 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12oz) jar caramel topping
8 oz whipped cream topping
2 Heath candy bars, crushed or toffee bits

bake cake as directed. As soon as it comes out, poke holes in the cake with a wooden spoon handle or fork. Evenly pour sweetened condensed milk over cake followed with the caramel sauce (If caramel isnt pourable heat in a microwave for 1 minute). Refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, spread whipped topping and sprinkle with toffee bits.

Last edited:
Thanks for hosting this one Dave, don't worry about a thing 'cos it's your party and you're the one doing the judging not the other way around. Good luck mate,enjoy.

Now I'm off to see if I can find a song about Spotted Dick ;)

That'd be cool. What is it exactly?

Top Bottom