Season 337: Desserts

Thanks for hosting a fine and fun theme this week! This is a traditional song called Angeline the Baker ~

Here's a Porter Wagoner song I get a kick out of. I did this one a few months ago on Dulcimer, here I did it on Ukulele and Dulcimer, with challenging switch overs between the instruments. This was my 2nd take, I could have done more and played it better, but I wanted to be what it was. Hopefully I can get better at switching instruments quickly over time, it's a new challenge I've taken on myself lately.

Well someone had to do it (I was raised on the 'Bad Manners' version) .............

Last edited:
Sorry I’m on some kind of making up for lost time roll here....I didn’t even check if there was a song limit.....
Julie Andrews fans look away now.

Got my elder daughter coming for a visit for a few days. My wife's gone to fetch her from the Railway Station so I've just time to slip one in for now.

This one from the Searchers in 1963. I actually went to see them but that's all I did. There was so much noise from the screaming that I could barely hear them so it was the last time for a long time I went to a pop concert.

Pictures from a holiday we had in the Harz Mountains in Germany several years ago.

Kind of the antithesis to last week, which I found nearly impossible. 8 minute song? Piece of cake :) Anyway- last time I played this, I was surprised to find that folks who are a little older than I am (I was born in '72...a year following it's release) were subjected to it over and over again and really don't like it.
I didn't find it until 1982, digging through dads old records, and really loved it and the references I could pick out at the time. Anyway- If you are so inclined, play along. If you were totally turned off of this tune in 1971, apologies.

I decided some bubble gum pop would go good with this Season, and this one popped in my head. Surprisingly, this is not a song I've ever know well, or even knew it all the way thru. Did a quick work up and let 'er fly.

Lately, I've been having problems with the internet. The reception keeps coming in and out, mostly out. The modem my dad bought is not working like it's supposed to. We're having the cable guy come over and look at it Tuesday. It might be two days late in giving a critique of your video, I deeply apologize if this has become an inconvenience to you. Who knows? It might be less than than. Just thought I give all of you a heads-up about my situation. I hope you'll understand.

Dave

Perhaps I'm getting too ambitious, but this was the first song I thought of...
A couple of minor flubs where I had to think for a moment to avoid singing Weird Al's version (Jurassic Park) instead. I've also included the middle verse (where it becomes a completely different, way less nonsensical song, if only briefly) that's usually been left out of single edits.

Lately, I've been having problems with the internet. The reception keeps coming in and out, mostly out. The modem my dad bought is not working like it's supposed to. We're having the cable guy come over and look at it Tuesday. It might be two days late in giving a critique of your video, I deeply apologize if this has become an inconvenience to you. Who knows? It might be less than than. Just thought I give all of you a heads-up about my situation. I hope you'll understand.

Dave

if internet troubles are gonna hit, you can pretty much guarantee it'll be just when you're trying to host! it's like an obscure law of physics!

Thank you so much for hosting, Dave!
Here is a song based on a true story....

Top Bottom