Klos ukulele anyone? Feedback?

kerneltime

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
It has been a few months since klos ukuleles made a splash. The thread for a go any where uke made me think about klos.

Any owners in the UU community? Opinions?

I'm not sure they have shipped any. There was an delay with the neck production that pushed deliveries out a month or so. I order one that is coming out of their second run. I figure I'll get it in a month or two.

John

Waiting for mine. Got it as a ukulele I can leave in the Florida humidity when up north and not worry about it. Plus I’ll be able to leave it in the car sometimes. I don’t believe it will be my favorite ukulele. But you never know.

I just received an email saying mine is in the next batch to ship out, and should be shipped by next Friday. Stay tuned......

On order. Waiting for the great day.

A friend who ordered one for August delivery contacted the company, and they said it should arrive next week. I hope so. I'm anxious to get mine - and then start looking for a nice case.

Unboxing! The most exciting videos to be found on YouTube.

"Well, here's the box. Now I'm going to cut it open. Yes, there's the item inside. Now I'm going to remove it. And, here it is! Click below to subscribe and see more exciting videos!" :D

Here's a link to over 89 million unboxings. : )

https://www.google.com/search?q=unb.....69i57j0l5.1806j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Yea unboxing videos........ as exciting as watching paint dry and as painful as sticking needles in my eyes. :wallbash:Start with the instrument in hand and I am at full attention and all ears

Last edited:
Yea unboxing videos........ as exciting as watching paint dry and as painful as sticking needles in my eyes. :wallbash:Start with the instrument in hand and I am at full attention and all ears

I’m going to disagree with your opinion—which you are 100% entitled to have! I find myself “sucked into” unboxing videos—in the ukulele world and otherwise. For me, it is interesting to see how things are shipped, how things are packed to be sold, and the reactions of the unboxers. The two big “unboxers” in the ukulele world are Bernadette and Katie DeNure—both who probably don’t appeal to many of the people on a forum like UU. Katie is a long-time player and teacher (although not trained as a teacher) and Bernadette is a younger teacher. Both of them seem to be very positive people, and their joy in an unboxing is contagious. I enjoy Vic’s unboxings, too.

So, for me, there is something wonderful about seeing people interact with an instrument the first time.

And some companies, such as Apple, spend as much time creating the packaging and unboxing experience as they do the product itself.

But I also enjoy Barry Maz’s videos where he is giddy about the instrument (e.g. Timms soprano, the recent Kiwaya Soprano Long Neck). Actually, the videos where he is disgusted by an instrument are pretty entertaining, too.

I have a friend whose Klos is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday—but it isn’t very likely that he’ll post an unboxing.

+1 support for Dave’s comment on unblock. Let’s keep it to a sped up 30 sec max. IMHO most video reviews need to be shorter, better planned out. Sorry, you have me for 30 seconds unless I am truly interested. 7-8 minute reviews are too long. Do what MHS does, play the Uke. You can flash the specs in writing after playing it. Then 15 second comment from reviewer of what the like or don’t. No offence to anyone .......just my opinion
Cheers

Sorry. Fat fingers on iPad. HMS of course, the gold standard of Uke videos.

Unboxing........quick and short. I sometimes like to see how thing are packed but not 7 minutes worth!

.....I have a friend whose Klos is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday—but it isn’t very likely that he’ll post an unboxing.

I'm the friend getting the Klos on Tuesday. Not sure why he feels I won't be posting an unboxing video.....maybe because he knows I use a 12 year old flip phone instead of a smart phone? As it happens I DO own a Gopro. I just haven't figured out how to use it yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom