Koaloha Opio KSO-02 solid acacia long neck (super) soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziret

Reaction score
I got this new on Monday, from a no-returns vendor. In pristine condition. I've played it about 20 minutes. It has a semi gloss finish. The body is a bit wider than a regular soprano, but it fits in a soprano Oahu hard case. To me it sounds like a koa soprano.

I'm selling because the neck is thicker, top to bottom, than is comfortable for me to play, due to a thumb injury. It still has a fairly thin neck--I just need a neck that's thinner.

You can read about it and listen to it at HMS or watch Vic's video or his comparison of the Opio and the regular Koaloa long neck sopranos. This is a brand new, long neck soprano at a very nice price. You even get the hang tag. Comes with a nice Koaloha gig bag. $325 shipped.

More photos here.

IMG_20180802_142235.jpgIMG_20180802_142313.jpgIMG_20180802_151954.jpg

Last edited:
I guess I'm always surprised when someone says a neck is too thick and they want to sell. For the money you lose on the sale you could take it to a competent luthier and have the neck profiled to your liking. Have you considered this?

I guess I'm always surprised when someone says a neck is too thick and they want to sell. For the money you lose on the sale you could take it to a competent luthier and have the neck profiled to your liking. Have you considered this?

Thanks, that's a good idea. In fact, I've taken down a neck myself, and it turned out great. But I would rather just sell this one. I think that in addition to the neck, I'm just a Kiwaya person, and have not generally been happy with anything else. I hope a Koaloha (or Koaloha-curious?) person finds this.

This is a super deal and I hope someone snaps it up. I have the same instrument with a spruce top - a special order. It is my go to instrument.

I'd never have considered that (profiling a neck). How much does that kind of work cost?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom