Season 338: Willie

Here's another Willie Nelson song I had on a cassette in the 80's. Unique song, but it really grew on me, enjoyed trying it now a lot.

Only just got back from holiday trying (unsuccessfully) to escape from the heat...
30º in Scotland???? 34º in Belgium????

I didn't think I would find time to do a song for this week, but the muse woke me early this morning with the first line of the chorus and I just had to get up and pay her homage.

So, here is my personal tribute to a legend - a guitar that even has its own wikipedia entry - Willie Nelson's inimitable companion "Trigger"

Very happy to see that Willie has covered this one (thanks again to Linda Louden for the very helpful list earlier in the thread). One of Coldplay’s earlier and best songs!

Wild Horses - Covered by Willie & the Nelson family as a benefit song in 2011

Well this worked out perfectly. I actually recorded this for my parents. It was their 43 wedding anniversary earlier this week, and this was the first song they danced to. The best man was the lead singer in the band. I was just going to leave this on Facebook, where I shared it with them, but then I thought "hey, I bet Willie did that one!" Sure enough, he and his family released a cover in which all the proceeds went to the Animal Welfare Institute.

Here's a song Willie sang with Merle Haggard on the album, "Django And Jimmie." Alice In Hulaland is a little shop in Maui tat Willie frequents.

if only willie had thought ahead a little, and bolted a nice license plate pick guard on the front of trigger, he might never have gouged that massive hole in it........... so, in the interests of not gouging massive holes in instruments, here is my new license plate cbg bari uke, with giant pick guard :) and a homemade-y song for the season

Last edited:
A friend of mine told me this is his favorite Willie Nelson song, and I guess it is mine now too. Here is my take on Too Sick to Pray.

I wrote this for r/ukulele’s Betrayal prompt. Figured I’d share it here as well.

I’m still at 70 subscribers! When I get to 75 I will make a donation to Girls Rock Camp Boston. Please subscribe to my new YouTube channel!

Willie Nelson was a giant Webb Pierce fan when he was a kid, so in the early 80's he did a duet album with Webb Pierce, consisting of Webb Pierce songs. I'm also a giant Webb Pierce fan, and this one was on that album, and I've been wanting to try it anyhow, which I did here, in Webb Pierce' key.

Welcome to Day 7 of our Season 338. Glitch yesterday? Well, that won't stop us from being us. Unlimited entries today and tomorrow. Bring whatever you couldn't bring yesterday and whatever today asks for. If you've got the time, well, I've got the time, too. :)

This morning I'm thinking about a poetry thing I've got. I'll be a way for a bit, but back later - saddling up the headphones and riding where the sage sings its song and the sky is all ears.

Here's one of my favorite Willie morning songs. Hoping your day shines. Linda

Top Bottom