The Shadow Of Your Smile - Sing by LFdM

Brilliant Brenda. I better get practicing! lol
Thanks for posting.

Thanks for spending some of your time watching them Brenda. I intend doing a few more uke/guitar/singing ones to post here on the site, but anything of me (or anyone) 'just singing' doesn't seem to have a place on this site and I don't want to upset the moderators or anyone else by posting anything I shouldn't.

I love having a go at anything musical though, so I might be able to find a way of sneaking the odd one of two in as time goes by! ;-)

Thanks again for your kind words.

Last edited:
Great! I always did like that song - did you work out your own arrangement based on a lead sheet?

Laurence
Thank you for watching.
I am not smart enough to work out my own. I only self taught about three years ago with no musical training !
The tab was given to me by a Uke teacher from the instrumental club you and I belong! I can send it to you if you like.

Very nice Brenda!

By the title of your post here and the title of your video, I was expecting to hear Luis actually singing LOL and was a bit disappointed.

Maybe it's all in my head, and my bad. However, I still enjoyed your video. :)

Thanks for sharing! :music:

You made that LFDM really sing......I can understand why you chose that title. Great choice of material there Brenda and big kudos to that arrangement....great stuff. I also liked the video lighting. It looks really professional!
Mike

Very nice Brenda!

By the title of your post here and the title of your video, I was expecting to hear Luis actually singing LOL and was a bit disappointed.

Maybe it's all in my head, and my bad. However, I still enjoyed your video. :)

Thanks for sharing! :music:

Good to see you here. Thank you , my friend. Luis plays Flamenco guitar really really well!

Great interpretation! And that uke is gorgeous. Thank you

Thank you so much.

You made that LFDM really sing......I can understand why you chose that title. Great choice of material there Brenda and big kudos to that arrangement....great stuff. I also liked the video lighting. It looks really professional!
Mike

Thank you Mike ! It is a lovely arrangement. Thanks to Kalus Music.

Hey Brenda, fantastic video. The LFdM is gorgeous.

Joseph, when you are here next month you get to play 2 of mine and 3 of Dave. Really looking forward to your visit.

Brenda,
I am still in awe of how you can play so well with 3 years experience and no other musical training.
You are indeed an inspiration to many of us here.
Thank you for another great video and it is one of my favourite songs too. I also like to compliment you on the background and lighting. Very refreshing.

Brenda,
I am still in awe of how you can play so well with 3 years experience and no other musical training.
You are indeed an inspiration to many of us here.
Thank you for another great video and it is one of my favourite songs too. I also like to compliment you on the background and lighting. Very refreshing.

Thank you so much for such a nice compliment. :eek:
I attempted classical guitar many years ago when I was in high school but was never any good. Gave up in my 20's. I am just making up lost time now through ukulele.

I taught myself to sight-read by matching the tab to the audio as if I am learning a foreign language. Everything else came much easier after that. Still have much to learn.

Thank you again and I hope one day you too will post a video as I remember in your introduction that you were a guitar player.

I am pleasantly surprised as well how the background colour turned out!

Last edited:
Being a personal friend I can testify to how hard Brenda works at and practices at the ukulele. It has been fabulous to see the improvements she has made over the three years that I have known her.

Last edited:
Thank you John and Roy. I look forward to seeing more of your videos before the summer is over.

Being a personal friend I can testify to how hard Brenda works at and practices at the ukulele. It has been fabulous to see the improvements she has made over the three years that I have known her.

Thanks Dave!
I should improve even faster now that my uke is not facing the wall :D
Thanks for the tip!

Top Bottom