Calling all owners of LFDM ukuleles to help create a special birthday collage!

nalini6

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

This month, the master luthier Luis Feu de Mesquita (a.k.a. LFDM) is celebrating a very special birthday milestone. Those of us lucky enough to own one of his exquisite instruments know how wonderful they sound and what a joy they are to play.

If you could post a picture (or video) of yourself on Instagram with the hashtag #lfdmcelebration that would be wonderful! I'd like to surprise Luis with a beautiful digital collage of all his ukuleles and their happy owners from around the world! I know we can do it with the help of the wonderful folks on this forum. To help get the ball rolling, I've posted a short video of myself here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BmNALDvHPtk/?taken-by=dianenalini

Thank you very much in advance to everyone on this forum for taking the time to help toast Luis for this very special birthday!

Wishing you all the best,

Diane

Happy Birthday Luis...:)

thank you for building this beautiful ukulele for me a few years ago..you know the story on the build and my health, this is one of my favorite ukes the tone is so nice rich and deep sounding....I will always remember this Lfdm Ukulele

have a great Birthday...
my friend Corey Fujimoto on my Lfdm

Aloha my Friend

https://vimeo.com/281100857

sorry Diane, I am very low tech and do not use Instagram,hopefully you can post the video for me

Last edited:
Hi Diane, nice to finally meet you, sorta ;). Adrian has visited with me a few times when in Toronto . I am digitally challenged as well. I will post a picture here of a LfdM owners party I had two years ago when Solorule (Brenda) received her new LfdM. Luis attended the party as well. If you need it emailed to you please PM me and I will send it to you.

Thank you for doing this, Luis is a very special man and you know how much he will appreciate this.

LFDMfamily.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you Dave for alerting me about this thread and thank you Diane for starting it.
I am a proud owner of two LFdM. I have made many videos using the LFdM and thought I would post one of each here. Photos attached as well.
See you all this Saturday at the party! HAPPY BIRTHDAY , LUIS.

42117086860_02de7de269_b.jpg
[/url]IMG_4192 by Brenda Lee, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
Mine is the only Black Sheep in the picture ...

Luis is a wonderful, thoughtful, kind gentleman and friend. I enjoy each visit to his house / workshop.

I value his Ukulele for its beauty and tone, and a joy to play.

Happy Birthday Luis!

And Many Happy Returns!

Simon

View attachment 111124[/QUOTE]

Happy Birthday Luis...:)

thank you for building this beautiful ukulele for me a few years ago..you know the story on the build and my health, this is one of my favorite ukes the tone is so nice rich and deep sounding....I will always remember this Lfdm Ukulele

have a great Birthday...
my friend Corey Fujimoto on my Lfdm

Aloha my Friend

https://vimeo.com/281100857

sorry Diane, I am very low tech and do not use Instagram,hopefully you can post the video for me

Thank you for the link Hawaii 50! That is a beautiful uke with goregous tone... I don't think I can post Corey's video (copyright), however, if you're willing to post a picture of yourself with the uke right here in this thread, I will gladly add it to the collage. Either way, I'll make sure to add the nice quote you provided. Thank you!

Mine is the only Black Sheep in the picture ...

Luis is a wonderful, thoughtful, kind gentleman and friend. I enjoy each visit to his house / workshop.

I value his Ukulele for its beauty and tone, and a joy to play.

Happy Birthday Luis!

And Many Happy Returns!

Simon

View attachment 111124
[/QUOTE]

Awesome group shot, Simon! I love it! Thank you so much for sharing it. What is the black wood? Very nice...

Thank you Dave for alerting me about this thread and thank you Diane for starting it.
I am a proud owner of two LFdM. I have made many videos using the LFdM and thought I would post one of each here. Photos attached as well.
See you all this Saturday at the party!

IMG_4192 by Brenda Lee, on Flickr[/IMG]

Beautiful LFDMs Brenda! I love the fret markers on your Macaferri-style uke. Thank you for these lovely pics and video links.

Last edited:
Hi Diane, nice to finally meet you, sorta ;). Adrian has visited with me a few times when in Toronto . I am digitally challenged as well. I will post a picture here of a LfdM owners party I had two years ago when Solorule (Brenda) received her new LfdM. Luis attended the party as well. If you need it emailed to you please PM me and I will send it to you.

Thank you for doing this, Luis is a very special man and you know how much he will appreciate this.

View attachment 111124

Hi Dave! It is wonderful to meet you here too (in virtual space, hopefully in person one day). Adrian and I are so bummed to miss the party, but we will be at the Strathmore Uke Summit, which occurs at the same time. I feel so blessed to have met Luis. He and Rose drove out to Ottawa to attend a concert I did in May with Adrian here in Ottawa at the National Arts Centre. It was a thrill to meet them, they are such wonderful people. Canada is so lucky to have a word-class luthier like Luis making such instruments right here... Every time I pick up his ukulele, I am filled with joy. And inspiration for songwriting too!

Gorgeous Ukuleles. Happy birthday Luis from a non LDFM owner. Someday..... :iwant:

Hi Spicysteve! Thank you for posting. I will add your note to the collage too. I hope you'll get your wish for an LFDM someday. It is great to have a wish list. :D

Diane thanks for the nice comments. Here is a picture of me picking up my baritone at Luis's shop. If memory serves me right it was made in the same batch with your 18" tenor. So we are class mates.

IMG_3868.jpg

From Luis Birthday celebration

Front row - From left to right :
Simon (sam13) and his wife Jennifer
Brenda (solorule) (not headless anymore)
Linda (Blonde lady) is downupdave's wife.
Luis (guy with beard)
Dave (downupdave)
Ed (Brenda's husband)

43971157902_89361a88e1_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_4233 by Brenda Lee, on Flickr[/IMG]

Hi everyone!

This month, the master luthier Luis Feu de Mesquita (a.k.a. LFDM) is celebrating a very special birthday milestone...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmNALDvHPtk/?taken-by=dianenalini

Diane

A very happy birthday to Mr. Fue de Mesquita! What a lovely idea to create a global salutation to these incredible ukes.

That video is outrageously wonderful, Diane. Your beautiful jazzy voice is a perfect match with the gorgeous LFDM.
And I can't believe you've only played for two years.
I'd like to hear more!

Last edited:
Wow, this is the first time I really took the time to read and watch the links in this thread. I was blown away by the videos from Diane and Brenda. Brenda thanks for posting the picture of Luis’s birthday party. It is good to see a picture of some of the people I admire here on UU. You Canadians seem to take to the ukulele quite well. Toronto is a long way from Florida but maybe I will get up there some day to say Hi.

Wow, this is the first time I really took the time to read and watch the links in this thread. I was blown away by the videos from Diane and Brenda. Brenda thanks for posting the picture of Luis’s birthday party. It is good to see a picture of some of the people I admire here on UU. You Canadians seem to take to the ukulele quite well. Toronto is a long way from Florida but maybe I will get up there some day to say Hi.

If I can meet Rainer in Zurich and now Joseph is coming up from not far from you ! Anything is possible, my friend!

If I can meet Rainer in Zurich and now Joseph is coming up from not far from you ! Anything is possible, my friend!

Hey.....Cliff is my friend......stop trying to steal all my UU friends :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

You are always welcome up here Cliff, we will throw a uke party if you come:music:

Top Bottom