Johnson Resonator

Carmoil

Reaction score
I'm looking at this Johnson metal body resonator on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Johnson-metal-body-resonator-ukulele-uke-ukelele-w-case_W0QQitemZ220411428346QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item33518b7dfa&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

I've read around on the forums a little bit and it seems it has the resonator "bark" but isn't as much louder as the better resonators. My Question is: would I be able to make it louder just by putting in a nicer cone? Or is the loudness based more on the rest of the body?

I know I probably won't get someone who knows how to answer this before the auction ends in 7 hours, and if the price doesn't go up too much I'll bid on it regardless, but hopefully someone who has dealt with the issue happens to see this in time.

Thanks.

Have you seen this post.

And from Slick's link, I'd like to let you know that the 'Ashbury' Resonator Ukulele that Pete is talking about is the same as the Johnson ones, just sold under a different name in the UK. ;)

Thanks guys. I think I did actually read that post, guess it just didn't sink in.

Consider a Republic instead. I had one and took it apart - no quality control issues like burrs or rust inside. I recommend them. Would have kept mine, had it been tenor scale, but I just can't get accustomed to concert size. Otherwise, it was pretty nice.

Top Bottom