Anuenue on HMS

The ones I saw on eBay are crazy expensive. I think someone was looking to make a killing because of the lack of availability in the U.S. market. I'm glad that HMS now seems to be making a few available. ANueNue has a lot of other models, all over the price range. They're missing out on a big market if they don't actively distribute in the U.S. like they do in Europe and Asia.

I'm not familiar with the Anuenue range of ukes, but there are models listed in the $500 range, new and used. You're right about distribution. There are a lot of ukulele buyers in the USA. Of course, building speed has to keep up with demand.

Anuenue told me they were having a hard time finding a US dealer that suited them.
I just checked the Ukulele Site, and they are sold out!

Anuenue told me they were having a hard time finding a US dealer that suited them.
I just checked the Ukulele Site, and they are sold out!

The Ukulele Site (HMS) only had a few of the top-end, semi-custom "Moon Bird" models. ANueNue makes a lot of other instruments, including some very affordable mid-range models. Since HMS deals mostly with the higher-priced ukueleles, they probably wouldn't be the ideal dealer for the full range. Maybe Mim or Uke Republic might be better?

The Ukulele Site (HMS) only had a few of the top-end, semi-custom "Moon Bird" models. ANueNue makes a lot of other instruments, including some very affordable mid-range models. Since HMS deals mostly with the higher-priced ukueleles, they probably wouldn't be the ideal dealer for the full range. Maybe Mim or Uke Republic might be better?

Larry, I did suggest Mim to them....

You can get Kala laminated ukuleles at HMS and those aren't exactly high end.
Also I got my Pono MT there and it was reasonably priced for a good no frills solid
wood body instrument.

-- Gary

Got my Moon Bird today from HMS and it is fantastic.
Easily compares to my $3000 Graziano, Kinnard, or Hive.
Thank you Andrew at HMS !
Ron

Ron

Wow that is quite the statement. Hive are about as good as they get when it comes to tone.

Ron

I agree with you..the Anuenue Ukes are really nice, tone wise and perfect builds too I got to try most of them when they came through the Ukulele Site(HMS)

Wow!
That means a lot from you!
What a collection of Ukes!
You are blessed....
Mahalo, or as we say in California, adios!

Ron

Since mine is now in setup at HMS, hearing that pleases me tremendously! I'm just hoping the impending hurricane will not cause any serious harm to people, properties, and ukuleles! :(

Two concerts just showed up today. Really hoping for more tenors as I think I would order one right away.

I thought somewhere I saw the nut width but now I can't find it. Am I correct in thinking that it's 1 1/2 inches? Or am I confusing that with something else?

Well, it turns out there was at least one other tenor in the pipeline. That pipeline is now going to be emptying directly into my house! Yep, I bought it. A little birthday present thanks to my more-than-generous wife! :drool:

It has arrived! WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, without going whole-hog with custom inlays and rare woods, I don't know how much better a ukuele can get. This thing is amazing. Once my heart rate and blood pressure get back down to normal, I'll post a few pics and initial impressions. Maybe tomorrow...tonight me and my new baby are going to get intimate with each other! :cool:

Congrats Snargle!! Look forward to hearing more of your impressions.

I just looked at HMS, and Anuenue is not listed under Brands, so it's probably not one you're going to find there very often.

I sent an email to HMS to confirm some things I read in a review of these ukuleles. Do they have a 1.5 inch nut? Is the body gloss, but the neck satin? If those are both accurate (1.5 & satin neck) , then this ukulele would definitely appeal to me in the concert size.

@Jerry, I emailed HMS last week to ask about when they would get more tenors and Corey said that it will be about 2-3 months for the next production to get to them. Really wishing I would have just pulled the trigger when they are available. I really hate waiting...

@RafterGirl, WorldofUkes and SouthernUkuleleStore both list the concert's nut width at 36mm which is less than 1 1/2 in. but more than 1 3/8 in. Don't know about the neck being satin or not since I haven't been able to get hands on a tenor yet...

@Jerry, I emailed HMS last week to ask about when they would get more tenors and Corey said that it will be about 2-3 months for the next production to get to them. Really wishing I would have just pulled the trigger when they are available. I really hate waiting...

@RafterGirl, WorldofUkes and SouthernUkuleleStore both list the concert's nut width at 36mm which is less than 1 1/2 in. but more than 1 3/8 in. Don't know about the neck being satin or not since I haven't been able to get hands on a tenor yet...

The review I read was by Barry Maz, done in 2016. He's the one who reported that the Moon Bird had a 1.5 inch nut. From Joyful Uke's post #32 it appears they saw that info somewhere also. I did find the review on World Of Ukes that reported it as 36mm ( 1- 7/16 same as KoAloha). The Anuenue website has lots of info & specs, but doesn't mention the nut size or the neck finish. Hopefully I'll hear back from HMS soon to clarify. The concerts sure sound awesome. I have a little money saved & I'm itching to get something new.

Last edited:
The review I read was by Barry Maz, done in 2016. He's the one who reported that the Moon Bird had a 1.5 inch nut. From Joyful Uke's post #32 it appears they saw that info somewhere also. I did find the review on World Of Ukes that reported it as 36mm ( 1- 7/16 same as KoAloha). The Anuenue website has lots of info & specs, but doesn't mention the nut size or the neck finish. Hopefully I'll hear back from HMS soon to clarify. The concerts sure sound awesome. I have a little money saved & I'm itching to get something new.

Hi RafterGirl,
I have a tenor from the current run that has quickly become my new favorite of 10 great ukes. The nut measures 1 7/16" -- the back of the neck is gloss - but the neck is superb!
Hope this helps.

Hi RafterGirl,
I have a tenor from the current run that has quickly become my new favorite of 10 great ukes. The nut measures 1 7/16" -- the back of the neck is gloss - but the neck is superb!
Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info. Same gloss on the neck as the body?

Top Bottom