Thread: For Sale within EU: Sapele Koaloha Opio Concert, like new

Default For Sale within EU: Sapele Koaloha Opio Concert, like new

Hello!

Pictures can be found in Google Drive, here:
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?...vWSg3-v36CCTA2

If you would like them emailed to you, or want to see a particular detail etc, feel free to ask; I’m not terribly handy with things like that, but I can usually figure it out.

I am selling this Opio on behalf of a friend of mine.
    It has been living safely packaged in my guest room for a while now, humidity & temperature controlled.

It was purchased from Andreas at “Gute Ukulele” around two years ago; for most of that time it has been in storage, only been taken out of the gig bag to be played twice.

It is a concert size, in the Sapele model; a wood that is very close in tone, feel and look to mahogany.
    Koaloha only made this model for a short while, before they switched to acacia.
    The finish is a beautiful, pore-filled satin.
    It has a build date of September 2015.

The tone is, of course, incredible; full, well-rounded, loud, with sustain for aaaaaaaaages.
    To my ears it does sound like mahogany, with that little bit of extra that Koaloha tends to have.
    Andreas hand-picked this one out of the 7 or 8 he had in stock at the time; he said it was ‘even better than the others’, which is saying something!

I would be very tempted to buy it myself, if I didn’t already have the exact same model. ;-)
    Honestly though, the tone on this one is even better than on mine (but mine has a strap button, and battle scars, and sentimental value!).

Price is 270 Euro; payable through bank transfer, or Paypal (in that case, please add 4 Euro to cover pp costs).
    For 20 euros, I can add the Boston bag, only used for storage, which is a perfect fit for this smallish concert.

Insured shipping (for a value of up to 500 euro) with Track & Trace within the EU is 24,50 Euro.
    Edit; for shipping outside of the EU, please contact me for shipping costs.

If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask!

Thank you for looking.
    Last edited by Booksniffer; 08-20-2018 at 03:44 AM.

Bump!

I don't mind shipping ouside the EU; please contact me for shipping costs.

I’ll chime in here...the Sapele Opio line was wonderful...just screamers in volume for a brand that is already perhaps the loudest in the industry. They did suffer from some finish issues (the satin could crack), but they are lovely. I have the tenor version, and I would LOVE to get this concert—but I’m currently paying off a Concert Ohana Taropatch I was longing after.

If you are interested in a deceptively plain looking but incredibly beautiful—and loud—playing instrument, don’t pass on this one. You can’t get the Sapele any more, and the Acacia, while “prettier” doesn’t boom like the Sapele. A concert sapele is in my future...just not yet.
    My ukulele blog: http://ukestuff.info

My ukulele YouTube channels:

I agree that this is an amazing instrument. It's light as a feather, with understated beauty. I think the wood looks like a herringbone pattern. It's well-balanced, easy to play, and an absolute delight on the ears if you like mahogany. I prefer it over (three times the price) this model in koa. The tone and the volume resonates against your body. It was my first real ukulele, when I decided to upgrade and it doesn't disappoint. I had the acacia model for a while, but it just wasn't for me. I found this ukulele to be just perfect. Whenever I play it I feel like I'm hugging a good friend. Euro buyers should jump on this.

Thank you Choirguy and Rubykey!

Yes, and not only is it loud - it also has a very beautiful voice.
    Not to mention that they are incredibly easy to play!

(This one was checked and set up by Andreas from Gute Ukulele in Germany, so I don't know if they come like this always)

Sale is now pending

Yes I paid by PayPal last night, really looking forward to playing it ��

Thread Information