For Sale within EU: Sapele Koaloha Opio Concert, like new

Booksniffer

Reaction score
Hello!

Pictures can be found in Google Drive, here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1yoSeaf_T0GV2km6dztvWSg3-v36CCTA2

If you would like them emailed to you, or want to see a particular detail etc, feel free to ask; I’m not terribly handy with things like that, but I can usually figure it out.

I am selling this Opio on behalf of a friend of mine.
It has been living safely packaged in my guest room for a while now, humidity & temperature controlled.

It was purchased from Andreas at “Gute Ukulele” around two years ago; for most of that time it has been in storage, only been taken out of the gig bag to be played twice.

It is a concert size, in the Sapele model; a wood that is very close in tone, feel and look to mahogany.
Koaloha only made this model for a short while, before they switched to acacia.
The finish is a beautiful, pore-filled satin.
It has a build date of September 2015.

The tone is, of course, incredible; full, well-rounded, loud, with sustain for aaaaaaaaages.
To my ears it does sound like mahogany, with that little bit of extra that Koaloha tends to have. :)
Andreas hand-picked this one out of the 7 or 8 he had in stock at the time; he said it was ‘even better than the others’, which is saying something!

I would be very tempted to buy it myself, if I didn’t already have the exact same model. ;-)
Honestly though, the tone on this one is even better than on mine (but mine has a strap button, and battle scars, and sentimental value!).

Price is 270 Euro; payable through bank transfer, or Paypal (in that case, please add 4 Euro to cover pp costs).
For 20 euros, I can add the Boston bag, only used for storage, which is a perfect fit for this smallish concert.

Insured shipping (for a value of up to 500 euro) with Track & Trace within the EU is 24,50 Euro.
Edit; for shipping outside of the EU, please contact me for shipping costs.

If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask!

Thank you for looking. :)

Last edited:
I’ll chime in here...the Sapele Opio line was wonderful...just screamers in volume for a brand that is already perhaps the loudest in the industry. They did suffer from some finish issues (the satin could crack), but they are lovely. I have the tenor version, and I would LOVE to get this concert—but I’m currently paying off a Concert Ohana Taropatch I was longing after.

If you are interested in a deceptively plain looking but incredibly beautiful—and loud—playing instrument, don’t pass on this one. You can’t get the Sapele any more, and the Acacia, while “prettier” doesn’t boom like the Sapele. A concert sapele is in my future...just not yet.

I agree that this is an amazing instrument. It's light as a feather, with understated beauty. I think the wood looks like a herringbone pattern. It's well-balanced, easy to play, and an absolute delight on the ears if you like mahogany. I prefer it over (three times the price) this model in koa. The tone and the volume resonates against your body. It was my first real ukulele, when I decided to upgrade and it doesn't disappoint. I had the acacia model for a while, but it just wasn't for me. I found this ukulele to be just perfect. Whenever I play it I feel like I'm hugging a good friend. Euro buyers should jump on this.

Thank you Choirguy and Rubykey!

Yes, and not only is it loud - it also has a very beautiful voice.
Not to mention that they are incredibly easy to play!

(This one was checked and set up by Andreas from Gute Ukulele in Germany, so I don't know if they come like this always)

Sale is now pending :)

Top Bottom