Brother-in-Law Blues...

Just listened to your guitar rendition of "Company". Well done! If you had a head cold it wasn't noticeable. (I am real familiar with having to perform with stuffed sinuses and drainage. Allergies in my case.)

Thanks for mentioning Dean Friedman. I had never heard of him before. Being in the States and all. I have since looked up several of his songs and he is great. Your interpretation is very good. I can see why he liked it.

Your brother-in-law has a fragile ego and low self-esteem. So he has to tear others down to make himself feel superior to others. (Much like our President—across the Pond.)

We have, in typical American-style a fake Latin saying: "Illegitimi non carborundum" meaning: "Don't Let the Bastards Grind You Down". It isn't correct Latin by a long shot. But has appeared all over the US at one time or another.

You are a terrific player. He knows it, but can't help belittling you because he wishes he was able to do what you can do. Just chuckle and don't respond. It will make him crazy. And Keep On Carrying On!

Top Bottom