Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a solid body bass.

Quote Originally Posted by UkerDanno View Post
    Mike, I bet you have the best collection of Ubasses in the world!
    I'm kinda thinking so myself. Not to hijack the thread, but in case anyone is inspired, here's my collection of sub-short scale basses.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos
    Last edited by kohanmike; 10-06-2018 at 05:00 PM.

Thanks, Jim Hanks! I just saw this. I had already sent him a PM I wanted to know overall length and weight. It puts it in the same price range as the Hadean when shipping is added. Right now I am torn between all three because I am really intrigued with fretless. Is it wrong to want a fretless that sounds like an electric? The SmallGuitars.com P-bass in black is still in the running with round wounds but I think I need to find bass tuners like Kohanmike. They look like 1970ish old style Schallers. I definitely would have more money in the P-Bass but it sounds so good. I wish I could listen to the Hadean and the Savannah with the flat wounds. Neck dive is a concern. I know he said the Savanah has it. Does the Hadean or the Small P-bass have a problem with neck dive?
    Last edited by HighD; 10-07-2018 at 11:35 AM.

Hijack away! Those are beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by HighD View Post
    Thanks, Jim Hanks! I just saw this. I had already sent him a PM I wanted to know overall length and weight.

It puts it in the same price range as the Hadean when shipping is added. Right now I am torn between all three because I am really intrigued with fretless. Is it wrong to want a fretless that sounds like an electric?

The SmallGuitars.com P-bass in black is still in the running with round wounds but I think I need to find bass tuners like Kohanmike. They look like 1970ish old style Schallers. I definitely would have more money in the P-Bass but it sounds so good.

I wish I could listen to the Hadean and the Savannah with the flat wounds. Neck dive is a concern. I know he said the Savanah has it. Does the Hadean or the Small P-bass have a problem with neck dive?
    I'm not seeing a PM from you HighD. The SmallGuitarsP-bass is 31.5 inches full length and about 5 pounds, the Savannah Lightning is 33.5 inches and about 6.5 pounds.

If you want fretless electric, that's your prerogative.

I just realized the tuners on my P-bass were stock at that time. The new ones use guitar tuners.

My P-bass does not have much neck dive, but I always use leather straps with rough inside to hold the bass in place.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org

Mike, I think he meant PM to my talkbass contact about the Savannah fretless for sale over there. We all know you aren’t selling any of yours.
    Ukelele:
    Iriguchi Tenor "Weeble" - Bb, SC SMU
    Blue Star 19" baritone Konablaster - DGBE
    KPK pineapple SLN-GCEA
    Cocobolo 16" SC#1-gCEA, SC SLMU
    Ono #42 19" baritone, Ab, LW
    Imua iET-Bb, M600
    Covered Bridge CLN pineapple - Eb cuatro, SC XLL
    Rogue bari
    Bonanza super tenor, cFAD SC LHU
    Kala KSLNG-C Lava
    Guitars:
    Cordoba C1m 1/4, TI CF127, G
    Cordoba Mini M, SC F# EFS
    Jupiter #47, TI CF127, G

Jim's Blog

Yes, I sent a message over in TalkBass. Your friend got back to me after I had finished reading up on fretless basses. I am now scared completely away from them. I need more hours on a regular bass or a U-bass or any kind of fretted bass. I have not given up but I am now going in the fretted direction.

Quote Originally Posted by HighD View Post
    Yes, I sent a message over in TalkBass. Your friend got back to me after I had finished reading up on fretless basses. I am now scared completely away from them. I need more hours on a regular bass or a U-bass or any kind of fretted bass. I have not given up but I am now going in the fretted direction.
    Ah, I misunderstood. I actually had a fretless but lined acoustic bass uke for a while and although it wasn't that difficult to play in itself, I found it was awkward to go from fretted to fretless, and the bass was difficult to change strings, plus the neck was too wide, so I shelved it and bought a Hadean acoustic walnut cutaway.

Thread Information