Looking for soprano solid wood uke suggestions

CYN

Reaction score
I have higher end concert ukes, Kanilea and Koaloha and have become spoiled due to the beautiful sound of solid acacia and koa. I would like to try a soprano uke but do not want to spend tons of money in case I find I am not a soprano person. Do not want lower end ones or Lanakai or Kala and the K brands seem to be too high. Wondered if anyone has a good suggestion of a brand in between. I would be happy with something used even. Prefer solid acacia or koa but would consider something else. I just cannot seem to come up with anything in between that I do not already know about. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a couple of solid mahogany soprano long neck Ohana ukes that I think are pretty good, (SK30M & SK35L).

I also have KoAloha Opio solid acacia long neck concert & Ohana solid mahogany long neck concert, which I am comparing them to.

Bruko. Handcrafted solid Wood. They don't make laminate.
Why not try something like maple? It can have a bright crispy tone. I have a blue frog spruce top maple and it has a lovely Beltone harp quality. It's my favorite to play and listen to. Before that I thought I was strictly a mahogany gal.

How about a Martin S1? Solid mahogany, reasonable light build and it's got that traditional mahogany soprano sound. Used ones can be had for under $300.

Top Bottom