String spacing gauge (Violin)

Timbuck

Reaction score
Im sending this prototype one-off, to a noted violin maker in Poland...He is going to be my Beta Tester on this one ... It differs from the ukulele design as it's a self radius device and gets down to 12mm outer point spacing with retractable points that can handle all size violin models up to the Cello ....If it gets his approval I'll consider making a few more later on this year.

IMG_0897.jpg

Interesting thing!

Do you do metalworking aswell, Timbuck? I had a jig I made of wood but it keeps having to be re-made because blades inevitably cut into the wood. I wonder if you could help?

Interesting thing!

Do you do metalworking aswell, Timbuck? I had a jig I made of wood but it keeps having to be re-made because blades inevitably cut into the wood. I wonder if you could help?

Just insert metal plates where the vulnerable parts are.. brass and aluminium cut easily with some wood working tools eg: bandsaw TPI 10-14...If I make a drilling jig from hardwood I insert metal steel tube into the holes as bushes.

Last edited:
Just insert metal plates where the vulnerable parts are.. brass and aluminium cut easily with some wood working tools eg: bandsaw TPI 10-14...If I make a drilling jig from hardwood I insert metal steel tube into the holes as bushes.

Thanks, I'll give that a go!

I told a local cello maker (his cellos are 60k a pop) about this version and he was interested.

Top Bottom