Buying from Ukulele Mania

Junie Moon

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience buying from Ukulele Mania in Tokyo? UM has several beauties on Reverb. Prices seem high on some newer ukes, but the quality of the vintage ukes looks excellent. I'm eyeing a one-of-a-kind vintage uke. I'm trying to determine if I should make an offer, or if it's a steal, or fairly priced, at the asking price.

Many thanks for any wisdom you can share.
June

I had a great experience buying from them - I posted about it here. My uke arrived from Japan in less time than it's taken for shipments within the United States to arrive and the entire transaction was easy beyond belief. I didn't do any haggling over the price but as I always say - it never hurts to ask, the worst than can happen is they can say no!

Great shop.

I recommend a visit if you're in Tokyo

Their vintage ukes look great, nice condition. However, I agree, their prices are high, compared to US sellers. For example, they have a recent Martin S1 for sale for $539 + shipping. What are you looking for?

The Kumalae / Style 3 Curly Koa Soprano Ukulele w / Rope Binding ukulele # 2279 caught my eye.

June

I had great experience with Ukulele Mania. It took about 3 or 4 days for delivery.

Top Bottom