Thomastik or other combo strings for baritone

Do the Thomastik Infeld wound strings squeak? I’d like to get rid of the squeaking but use 2 wound strings for DGBE.

That's what these strings were designed for. The extra two strings are just so they can charge you more. :p
Seriously, these are the most squeak-less strings I've run across.

Yes, the TIs do squeak some—more than the Fremont Soloist, for instance—but not as much as normal wound strings, and they wear substantially longer.

As for being "quiet", I find this helps them blend better with the trebles, and attenuates the "boom" that folks often complain of with linear tunings.

My experience is just the opposite. The TI CF (chrome flatwound) are the quietest wound strings I have ever used including the Fremonts. Maybe my calluses are softer than yours lol.

I believe the usual recommendation is CF35 and CF30: https://www.stringsbymail.com/class...feld-63/classic-n-series-88/cf127-chrome-165/

I have this set on a 19" scale guilele in Terz: G2 C3 F3 Bb3 D4 G4

They are low to medium in this configuration so I imagine would be medium as DG on your 18" and probably high-ish on hollisdwyer's 20" DG.

For the trebles, I suppose you could use the next two strings in the full set, but most folks opt for flouros instead of these nylons.

Jim, you're always a wealth of knowledge. I'm going to take your recommendation on the CF35 and CF30. Just to be cautious, and I'm sorry to sound like an idiot, but the CF35 will become the D string and the CF 30 will become the G string on the Baritone. Is this correct? Thanks in advance.

Jim, you're always a wealth of knowledge. I'm going to take your recommendation on the CF35 and CF30. Just to be cautious, and I'm sorry to sound like an idiot, but the CF35 will become the D string and the CF 30 will become the G string on the Baritone. Is this correct? Thanks in advance.

Yes. It's a great low end for bari.

Top Bottom