Keyboard - just for a change...

S11LKO

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just for a change I put down my guitars and took a pause from trying to learn to play my ukes, and sat at my keyboard (my piano needs tuning). I haven't played either my keyboard or piano for two or three years so my playing's a bit grubby in places.

Still, I enjoyed the half hour spent catching up with them. I really MUST practice more...

Last edited:
Thanks Spicysteve, your kind comment appreciated.

I'm obviously no expert player or 'singist' (lol), but like all of us here I have fun with it.

Awesome !!!

Thanks Bill. It's good to vary it up a bit. Might try the comb & tissue paper bit soon! ;)

Having said that, I saw a lady playing comb & tissue to backing tracks at a county fair once and she kept us all entertained for about 20 minutes!

Last edited:
Great! I dunno why you’re botherin’ with ukes. :cheers: :eek:ld:

People out there have varied preferences about what sort of instruments they enjoy listening to Dick. I'm trying to learn the basics of many different kinds as I like making as many people's ears bleed as possible! lol
Seriously, I just love the uke mate - always have even though I never tried to learn it until recently. I'd love to be as good on it as all you guys. Perhaps one day in the distant future...

Thanks so much for your comment re my above efforts though - appreciated my friend.

Well, ya know, I play lots of instruments, and lately I’ve been thinking that mebbe I shoulda just stuck with one. I’m wonderin’ how good I’d be now if I’da really worked learning one well.

I’m not bragging, but I know I have some talent. And now, in my dotage, I’m feelin’ that I wasted it just having a good time—ahhh, well . . .

What’s done is done . . . :eek:ld:

Indeed my friend, and I'd be lying if the same thought hadn't often crossed my mind.
But you know, we only have one life, and we need to make the most of it. If something provides you with fun and pleasure, go do it - provided you're harming no one else!
Live for today - tomorrow is not promised!

I also find that every extra little bit I learn about one instrument, often applies to another, so helps me with THAT as well!

Great job Dave!! You remind me of a friend who sings, plays guitar, keyboards & drums really well.

Believe that Because by the Dave Clark Five would be ideal for you. (w/ Vox Continental organ patch)

Regards,
Keith

Great job Dave!! You remind me of a friend who sings, plays guitar, keyboards & drums really well.

Believe that Because by the Dave Clark Five would be ideal for you. (w/ Vox Continental organ patch)

Regards,
Keith

It's one I don't know Keith. I'll look up the song and have a listen.
Thanks for the kind comment my friend.

Top Bottom