Kimo From Ipanema

Cool! Nice one.

Excellent!! Your video is excellent in understanding how it is done :)

That's the challenge with Kimo, at first it looks trivial, then one tries and it looks impossible, after a while it looks feasible and then you realize how much effort has gone into making it sound smooth and good. There is a lot physical conditioning and effort behind his playing. The chords + melody is not overly complex but many years of understanding a uke and it's sound and being able to control it, together leads to his sound.

Which Uke are you using?

Great job Frukmana. Bossa nova is a really cool rhythm but not so easy to keep musical in my opinion. You kept the music flowing. The girl from Ipanema is such a classic piece. I never tire of listening to it.
Keep up the great work!
Mike

Nice job; thanks for sharing.

thank you so much!

Cool! Nice one.

Thank you, Dave!

Excellent!! Your video is excellent in understanding how it is done :)

That's the challenge with Kimo, at first it looks trivial, then one tries and it looks impossible, after a while it looks feasible and then you realize how much effort has gone into making it sound smooth and good. There is a lot physical conditioning and effort behind his playing. The chords + melody is not overly complex but many years of understanding a uke and it's sound and being able to control it, together leads to his sound.

Which Uke are you using?

Thank you so much kerneltime! It is a Balige brand uke, it's almost a steal cost i only paid about $40, but it's all solidwood and it's loud.

Great job Frukmana. Bossa nova is a really cool rhythm but not so easy to keep musical in my opinion. You kept the music flowing. The girl from Ipanema is such a classic piece. I never tire of listening to it.
Keep up the great work!
Mike

Thank you so much, Mike! Looking forward for your next videos!

I enjoyed that. Kimo is one of my favorites. Thanks for posting.

His style really is unique! Thank you so much lfoo6952!

Top Bottom