KoAloha Cases are Available

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I inquired about KoAloha cases, and I received the reply below. The shipping charge is to NY. I had a FB page with pictures of all of their cases, but it's disappeared. Maybe someone can find it.

"KoAloha Hard Cases Available in Soprano, Concert, Concert Longneck and Tenor sizes.

Soprano $60
Concert $80
Super Concert $90
Tenor $100

These cases are ONLY sold through our Factory Store. Not available through any distributors or dealers. Shipping are at an additional cost to the buyer. Please call 808-847-4911 or
email Lloyd@Koaloha.com and leave a number where we can reach you. Mahalo.

Price = Hard case price (above) + tax (4.712%) + flat rate $35 shipping fee."

I found more info -
https://www.facebook.com/KoAlohaUkulele/posts/2175688732472293

Last edited:
Talked to Lloyd today to order a case for my Tenor KTM-00. Very nice guy. With tax the tenor case was $104.71 and shipping is through USPS and will be about $30. They don't take PayPal. Only credit cards and checks. The check has to clear before the case is sent.

I asked him who I should talk to about a tuner that was going bad? He asked me about the problem. No friction. Won't hold tuning. Sealed tuner, so nothing to adjust. Which tuner is it? And he took care of the problem himself!

That's what I call customer service.

So if you are interested in a fitted Ko'Aloha case for your Ko'Aloha ukulele give him a call. Don't forget there is a 3 to 6 hour time difference. (Pacific to Eastern.)

UPDATE: Received my case today via USPS. It's a well-made case. Pebble grain black exterior with a gray interior. 4 latches. Small interior compartment that would hold a tuner. Nice strap included. Made in China. The glue/padding out gassing is present, but not too bad. I have it airing out on the porch.

This case fits my tenor KTM-00 like a glove. Very snug fit around the body. Neck support from the compartment area. It's so snug, that I will have to remove my strap when I use it.

All-in-all, it's better made than most similar cases. Definitely made only for the KoAloha Tenors. (I imagine the Opio tenor would fit it as well.)

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever seen a strap on a hard case before. Good idea!

I don't think I've ever seen a strap on a hard case before. Good idea!

Yes, straps are important for me. I can either wear it on my back of on my shoulder, and that frees both hands. I have several hard cases with straps.

Ko'aloha cases are designed and supplied by Oahu case company Andrew works out most of the "bugs" but still a work in progress though

Resurrecting an old thread.... decided to check and see if they were still available as I have a Koaloha tenor currently residing in a Kala case, and a Kala tenor without a case. Figured I could get a branded case for my Koaloha. They are still available for $100. I should have it in a few days, and can move my Koaloha into it, and then the Kala into the Kala case.

Resurrecting an old thread.... decided to check and see if they were still available as I have a Koaloha tenor currently residing in a Kala case, and a Kala tenor without a case. Figured I could get a branded case for my Koaloha. They are still available for $100. I should have it in a few days, and can move my Koaloha into it, and then the Kala into the Kala case.

Do you have a link?

Here's a nice link -
https://www.cafepress.com/+koaloha+cases-and-covers

I had a concert and tenor sized KoAloha brand case. They look really sharp and fit very well-best of any case I’ve tried on a KoAloha. They look like a modified version of the Oahu abs cases. But I had 2 main concerns: 1. The part that joints the top and bottom is metal around the entire case. I dinged one of my KTM’s just putting the uke back in its case a little off center. I was constantly afraid of that and wouldn’t house my red label in it for fear of dings and dents...I’m sure there are others with similar build but it’s the only cases I’ve owned with that risk associated with just taking your uke out and putting it back. 2. The smell, the tenor case I had still smelled strongly of glue and plastic after 6 months of airing it out, baking in the sun, using activated charcoal, cedar chips...you name it I tried and couldn’t shake the smell. I sold my red label and included the koaloha case, the new owner thought I smoked because the smell from the case transferred to the uke during shipment. The concert case I had was good after about 60 days of treating the smell, still a ton time but tolerable since the end result removed the smell.

Here are some pics of my red label to illustrate the metal edge AEADAD5A-0760-4C3C-B9B8-3334EB8DB76D.jpgA55C49A5-B81E-43B1-A8F2-709898EB6A73.jpg7E1E543B-4755-4BF3-B80B-8E815934DE18.jpg

Last edited:
My other gripe about the tenor case, besides the glue smell, is that there is no place for a strap. The interior is super tight to the Ko'Aloha tenor, the center compartment is too small, and it doesn't fit under the headstock. Oh well. I have only used it for storing the KTM-00. For gigs I use a UkeKrazy canvas/foam case because I can keep the strap on and have my tuner and backup in the center compartment plus a cloth and an extra set of strings in the outer zippered pocket.

Do you have a link?

No link other than just what's earlier in the thread...the link on to their facebook page to see what they look like. I just called them on the phone to place the order.

After reading these posts sure hope mine is a good fit and isn't stinky!

Last edited:
Geez, that smell would drive me nuts! For $69.00 plus shipping, I'd just get the black tolex Oahu tenor case from HMS: strong arch top, no smell (at least the one I had didn't), no metal edge, and the one I had also had rings for shoulder straps (not sure if they still do). Looks more traditional than ABS too, IMO.

https://www.theukulelesite.com/new-oahu-hardshell-ukulele-case.html

Last edited:
Last week I visited KoAloha and walked away with a new tenor in a KoAloha case. I think the case is wonderful. I have mostly Oasis and Kooloau cases, but this KoAloha case seems better constructed. It also has a strap with two options for attaching. There is a buckle on the opposite neck side so 4 buckles.
fullsizeoutput_1a43.jpgfullsizeoutput_1a2b.jpgfullsizeoutput_1a2c.jpgfullsizeoutput_1a3b.jpgfullsizeoutput_1a45.jpg

Last edited:
I ended up buying a Koaloha case for my Tenor about a year or so ago. No bad smells with mine, just new case smell that was very light. I have not traveled with mine yet, while I have taken it out of the box to examine and check fit and such, I keep it stored in the box it came in. My Koaloha came in a nice Kala arch top case and I keep it in that case all the time. I'm not sure which case is better??? I do agree with the tightness of the case and there is no real extra storage, a tuner and that's about it. Also one does have to be ware of the metal edges, I agree with that as well.

I bought the Koaloha case due to having a shoulder strap, figured that Koaloha was not going to sell a junk case when you think of the quality of their instruments, the fit should be good as well due to the same. I'm sure there are other quality cases out there that would work as well. Have thought about passing my Koaloha case on but as life is I'd likely travel somewhere were having that shoulder strap could really come in handy. My other two uke's have cases/gig bags with straps and I find them very useful.

I bought the Koaloha case due to having a shoulder strap...

A strap is important if you're bringing a uke to a ukulele event. It lets you carry it without using your hands. I went to the NJ Uke Fest today, and I wish I had thought to bring a case with a strap.

Top Bottom