Unethical buyer mshep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukulelerick9255

Reaction score
Made an offer on Romero Creation uke offered by Mshep and he accepted and sent me his pay pal. In less than 6.5 hours he sold the uke to someone else before I saw his message and could respond that I would send the money. Am I wrong or is this a bit unethical? I’ve sold Ukes on here and I’ve always given ample time for my first offer to get back to me after I sent my payapal info. This clown didn’t even give me the whole day....

Wow that’s very harsh. I’m sorry you feel that way. But let’s get the facts straight. I responded last night not today. I gave you information expecting a reply which I didn’t get. I sent you another message this morning to let you know that there was another buyer who inquired at the same time but I gave you first opportunity. I didn't hear back last night and I didn’t hear back until I got this blast on my reputation this afternoon. I told the buyer I would wait a reasonable amount of time for you. I waited 16 hours with no response. I think that is a reasonable amount of time since you made no mention of waiting to pay. Anyway, pretty disappointed in how i’m Being trashed here. Don’t think I’ll be around this site anymore if this is how I’m treated. Sorry if I offended you in any way!

There are no winners in these spats. Ask the mods to delete the post and take it to private email would be my suggestion.

It's the Internet. Miscommunication is easy and common. It's unfortunate, but not worth the fight. Move on, folks.

It is unfair to use the word ‘clown’ to describe the seller IMO. I agree that mshep took the right course of action. Good communication is essential on these sales, especially when multiple buyers are present, or sellers are using flea market, reverb, or eBay concurrently to sell their instruments.
Ron

“Time and tide wait for no man” as the saying goes. The seller provided a very reasonable time period for closing the deal. Also rude to speak of another in that way. We’re a community here. Let’s treat each other more gently and with more respect.

Check your timeline I wrote you with an offer on 8/23 at 11:38pm
You sent a message with your PayPal on the 24th at 11:18am at 6:15pm you wrote me to say you’d waited long enough and sold it to someone else. Do the math you gave me 7 hours.

Last edited:
Check your timeline I wrote you with an offer on 8/23 at 11:38pm
You sent a message with your PayPal on the 24th at 11:18am at 6:15pm you wrote me to say you’d waited long enough and sold it to someone else. Do the math you gave me 7 hours.

What is it that you’re hoping to gain at this point? The ukulele is sold.

Maybe cut your losses and shop for a different instrument or play one you already own.

#letitgo

Paying for something over the internet can be almost instantaneous, being given several hours seems quite reasonable, after all, you said you wanted it so you should have had the money ready to go.

I agree, paying online is almost instant. only reason you didn't pay in time was maybe you didn't have a smart phone in today times or there was a major emergency or didn't really want it that much? you can check messages and emails instantly every minute or second if you wanted too.
but as a buyer yes it sucks. but as a seller, its a first come first serve most of the time because buyers do flake out even if they say they want it. would you take a chance on a sale by holding it, or sell to someone who will pay right now?

this thread is kind of daunting for me. Everything's so fast. I'm not a teen-girl so I don't carry a smart phone, so it seems easy to go to work for about eleven hours and then get home and sleep for a spell, and in that time miss the window opportunity to pay for a purchase. It seems to me that this transaction should be given a few days to be completed before you give up. But maybe this is just another way in which the world has passed me by.

OK guys ... the instrument in question has been sold and there appears to have been some type of miscommunication between seller and potential buyer(s). All tranactions betwen seller and buyer should be private (via PM) and disagreements should not be aired in a public forum. This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom