Do you want to know?

S11LKO

Reaction score
Just a quick run through of a song I’ve wanted to work out and play for a long time. Not really suited to my limited vocal ability, but fun to do anyhow...

Last edited:
Haha Luke - not in another million years!!!
Thanks for the kind comment buddy.

Thanks for your kind words Campbell. Like a lot of songs from that era it's a fun song to play around with.

I'm working on a few others using both my guitars and my ukes, so once I feel they're okay-ish to post, I will.

Excellent! Now, can we hear it using the Eko please?? Absolutely amazing guitars!!

Excellent! Now, can we hear it using the Eko please?? Absolutely amazing guitars!!

Haha! That WAS the EKO young Dan - I just downtuned it a full step and it lost that 'ring' it usually has. I'll make sure it's back in standard tune by the time I next use it. I agree - brilliant guitars though. This one is nearly 50 years old and the only thing that stops it sounding the best it can is...ME! lol

Thanks for the listen buddy.

Love it.
You sure have a nice vocal. I hope your brother -in -law is green with envy !

Thanks Brenda, your nice words appreciated.

I don't actually show my brother in law anything I do anymore for obvious reasons. Having said that, for some inexplicable reason, he messaged me tonight with a couple of suggestions of songs he'd like me to attempt!!!

What's THAT all about I wonder????

Thanks Brenda, your nice words appreciated.

I don't actually show my brother in law anything I do anymore for obvious reasons. Having said that, for some inexplicable reason, he messaged me tonight with a couple of suggestions of songs he'd like me to attempt!!!

What's THAT all about I wonder????

It’s a trap. It’s a trap. Run

Hey Dave, nice rendition of the classic Beatles song. I always liked the early tunes better.

BTW, got to play with friends who are good slack key guitarists. One played lead guitar in our garage band years ago & he used to have a 4 pickup silver metalflake solidbody Eko. He told me that his dad got it from a pawn shop cuz it was cheaper than Fender, Gibson or Vox.

I don't know what EKO's current range are like (although I feel they'll be good), but the early ones like mine (1970) were built like tanks, play really well, and we're rediculously cheap.
I paid £46 (U.K) for mine from my mum's mail order catalogue and I remember paying £1.50 or so a week for it until it was paid off. I'm still playing it today and apart from strings I have had to do nothing to it. The best £46 I ever spent I think! lol

Thanks for your kind words re the song matey.

Sorry to be boring, but I've started to play with music software and haven't a clue what I'm doing.
Does the added reverb in this version sound better or worse than just the raw video recorded via the mic in my iPad I originally posted above?
Any help, comments, or (polite lol) advice would be appreciated. (I know we have a recording/video section on the site which I WILL seek advice from, but as I posted the original video here I thought I'd ask you guys that were kind enough to respond to it first.)
Such software is far more complicated than I thought it would be. When I first opened up the interface my brain hurt. lol
I may have to find a short course somewhere.
Thanks for your patience.

Dave guitar sounds great in that take, but yer vocals are a bit over the top, reverb is too deep for my taste, and I should have recognised that guitar, I've just aquired a 6 and a 12 for myself lol

Top Bottom