TV Theme Music - what’s the best ever?

Peter Gunn driving music. Sounds like henry mancini which maybe it was., which is always good.
Monk, sounds like a good uke piece
Private eye show with Sam Spade used Harlem Nocturne
The Munsters. Just like it.

Lupin The Third Theme '80..never thought I would play this one on ukulele (not quite up to tempo yet :cool: )
Yosuke Miyajima's version:

Original version:

I kinda like this one from All In The Family.

Those Were the Days Charles Strouse and Lee Adams (1971)

[C] Boy, the way Glen Miller played. Songs that made the [Am] hit parade
[F] Guys like [E7] us we [Am] had it made. [G7] Those were the [C] days. [F] [C]

Didn’t need no welfare state. Everybody [Am] pulled his weight,
[F] Gee our [E7] old La[Am]Salle ran great. [G7] Those were the [C] days. [F] [C]

[C7] And, you knew where [F] you were then
[G7] Girls were girls and [C] men were men
Mister, we could use a [Am] man like [A] Herbert [D7] Hoover a[G7]gain.

People seemed to [C] be content. Fifty dollars [Am] paid the rent.
[F] Clowns were [E7] in a [Am] circus tent. [G7] Those were the [C] days

Last edited:
Good to see this thread again! I still like the Jonny Quest theme I suggested earlier but here's another good one in a similar vein.

I'm assuming that this is about TV show songs that we can play. Gilligan's Island is our fave, our audiences love it!

I adore TV theme music and just bought a used copy of the TV Fake Book from 1995. It’s got some real gems in it, but there are definitely some that are missing.

My favorite theme songs are (in no order):

Ren & Stimpy

The X-Men

King of the Hill

MASH

But my favorite is probably Tales From the Crypt.

Last edited:
I can't believe no one has said The Streets of San Fransisco.

If it has to be something I can play - then the theme from Father Ted (Songs of Love by Divine Comedy).

If I'm not restricted to what I can play, don't laugh ... My Name is Earl (What Goes Around Comes Around).

Hawaii 5-0 is still the best!!! I prefer the new series to the old one. I also really love the Munster's theme song as well. I can play it on piano.

Hawaii 5-0 is still the best!!! I prefer the new series to the old one. I also really love the Munster's theme song as well. I can play it on piano.

Hawaii 5-0 is a lot of fun on the ukulele, if you have 2 players. Here is Aldrine's version.

Lots of great stuff already mentioned. A few others that I've put on playlists to listen to.

I'd add Tank! the theme song for Cowboy Bebop. Played by a full jazz band, it'd take serious rearranging to get playable on ukes.

The Seatbelts did a virtual session in 2020. It's fun to see the instruments in action!

The Ballad of Serenity from Firefly. This one should work well on ukulele, but I've not quite gotten it to my satisfaction yet

Pinky and the Brain, which I did for the Seasons

If you like Scottish folk music, the theme from the "Outlander" TV show is pretty and easy to play on the ukulele. Here is a tutorial by Helmut Bickel.

I love the theme from “Rawhide,” and I’m always fascinated by Lalo Schifrin’s ingenious theme for “Mission Impossible,” written in 5/4 time. The composers of TV & movie scores are much underrated.

I love the theme from “Rawhide,” and I’m always fascinated by Lalo Schifrin’s ingenious theme for “Mission Impossible,” written in 5/4 time. The composers of TV & movie scores are much underrated.
I agree such composers are way underrated. Kudos! The Mission Impossible theme is great. The famous jazz song Take Five is in 5/4 as well.

Top Bottom