Santa Monica, CA - beginning ukulele class starts Sept 19

janeray1940

Reaction score
I post this every time a new session starts up - it's not my class, but it's the class that got me hooked on ukulele in the first place. That was going on 10 years ago and I'm still at it, since this introduction to the instrument made it so accessible and fun. It's held at McCabe's on Pico.

BEGINNING UKULELE JUST ADDED!

Ukulele - and serious? Can they go together? At first, you might think no. But then, when you see how ukulele has become a worldwide sensation, you might think again. If you want to have SERIOUS + FUN together, this is the class for you.

SERIOUS: This is not the repetitive, same, three-chord experience you find for free on the Interwebs. You will learn great songs in different keys, a variety of strumming patterns, and how to play scales and read tablature.

FUN: We'll have a great time exploring songs from the roaring 1920s to the swinging 1940s, to the rockin 1960s and beyond, with a slice of Latin and reggae on the side.

UKULELE = SERIOUS + FUN!

Steve Rose 8:00 - 9:30 PM Wednesdays, Sep 19 - Oct 24 (6 sessions) $160

This class has been postponed a week, so there's still time to sign up. It starts September 26 and will run for 6 weeks.

Top Bottom