Mya-moe ukes since the transition to new owner/builder?

Mya-Moe ukes continuously improved their instruments, from my observations. Glad to hear the knowledge gained has been successfully transferred to Cary. Thanks for the report.

That makes a lot of sense Hodge, most builders improve their craft with time. Gordon and Char were so focused on quality that it appears obvious, at least so far, they found someone capable of meeting their standards. I was sceptical at first but it looks likes Mya Moe will continue to produce excellent instuments.

If he would change the shape of the neck I would order one. I don't like the flat spot on the bottom, it is the reason I have sold my Mya Moes. Playability is not good for me with neck shape. I still have the baritone, too pretty to sell and it sounds great.

I have one of Cary’s instruments (#2524) and it is fantastic. I owe a NUD thread, I know, and hope to get to it soon.

It is wonderful.

Its good to hear you like the quality level of Cary's new ukes. Its hard to imagine a new builder matching the level of 10-year veterans but perhaps the jigs and process help tremendously.

I will keep an eye on Cary's progress and reviews of his instruments because I would like to support him in the future if he can maintain the quality. It seems surreal that the waiting period for Mya Moe ukes are reasonable again.

Top Bottom