Season 342 - Everybody’s On Top Of The Pops

We’ve had a fair bit of The Kinks already this season, including this one. But I got a new plastic uke o Friday afternoon so that I can bring it along and have a plink on vacation the next 3 weeks. I thought about the Bonanza, but we’re rafting the Grand Canyon from top to bottom and I was worried about it getting crushed (no room for a hard case). Even though I’ve done this one before this seemed as good a song as any to put the Waterman through it’s paces.

Okay, this really is my last - released as a single in January 1984 by the fabulous Eurythmics.

Here’s the original video. Annie Lennox, who is probably the best female vocalist ever, looks particularly stunning in this:

I’ve got 2 more recorded and was doing a third but our internet is being a dork...perhaps it’s working on the bad and ugly for next week. Gunna be an ugly week of weather, rain, rain, rain. Then I think it’s going to rain again. When I can get the Internet to upload my videos I will put them on here. Great week. Even had time to watch a few and comment at the beginning of the Season.

By my reckoning it’s Monday morning in Hawaii now so Season 342 is officially closed. I have a few songs to listen to and add to the playlist and I’ll do some sort of wrap hopefully before the week is out. In the meantime, thanks everyone who took part this Season, it’s been a real blast. Catch you all later :D

By my reckoning it’s Monday morning in Hawaii now so Season 342 is officially closed. I have a few songs to listen to and add to the playlist and I’ll do some sort of wrap hopefully before the week is out. In the meantime, thanks everyone who took part this Season, it’s been a real blast. Catch you all later :D
Thanks so much for your considerable efforts this week, John. This theme was right up my street, as you may have gathered from my record number (for me) of entries. I didn’t want the week to end! :D

I had a lot of fun this week John, thanks for the prize too! Well hosted as usual mate.

Thanks so much for hosting and your fab theme, John. Indeed, I feel very lucky to have been selected by the Wheel of Fortune! Thank you very very much for the lucky spin, as well! :)

Wim, Ryan and Linda, thanks so much. It really was a pleasure to host this Season, and thanks everyone for indulging my love of Top Of The Pops, a programme not without its flaws, but still an important part of my youth and later years.

Wim, thanks for the pm, Ryan and Linda, if could pm me your details I will get the pin badges off to you...probably posted early next week, but possibly posted tomorrow :)

Excellent Season John! Enjoyed listening to the entries, trying a few new songs to me, and brushing off a few I did awhile back. Thanks for the shout out.

Thanks for your kind words everyone, it was a fun week. Sure, I picked the theme but it’s all you fantastic and enthusiastic uke-ists who bring it to life. And, Wim, Linda and Ryan, I posted your (small, token) prizes this morning, so you should get yours first Ryan I would imagine :D

Top Bottom