New and unusual Guilele models from Romero Creations

If DUD has ordered; that's good enough for me. Did you call Andrew to order Dave? I swore the Jumbo Baritone being built for me would be my last; Ha! guess I'm wrong again.

Our band director told me to tell my wife I need another instrument.... I told my wife; she wrapped up a plastic Kazoo and said "Here's your new instrument".

I sent him a text message. He is busy getting things going with the new 2nd store they will be opening.

Waiting on mine to be setup and shipped.

Andrew measured 47mm at the nut (here you go, Jim!) and confirmed that the fretboard has a slight radius to it. In addition to two different designs and scale lengths to chose from, this could actually check a lot of boxes for a lot of people...

Waiting on mine to be setup and shipped.

Andrew measured 47mm at the nut (here you go, Jim!) and confirmed that the fretboard has a slight radius to it. In addition to two different designs and scale lengths to chose from, this could actually check a lot of boxes for a lot of people...

Different scale length, different scale lengths???? I know one is 17", do you know what the other one is?

It comes with a radius too.........I am a GONER like Jim

Different scale length, different scale lengths???? I know one is 17", do you know what the other one is?

It comes with a radius too.........I am a GONER like Jim

OMG Dave, I just can’t take this temptation. It has the extra two strings that I’ve been missing for years now. So, how are the Tenor and Baritone tuned?

OMG Dave, I just can’t take this temptation. It has the extra two strings that I’ve been missing for years now. So, how are the Tenor and Baritone tuned?

Hollis I would imagine the TT6 with the 17" scale is tuned as Jim stated ADGCEA. The baritone guilele (the one I am getting, yes Andrew is holding one of the spruce tops for me while he waits to receive the case) has either a 20" or 21" scale, there is conflicting info. That leaves it open to anything down to EADGBE, standard guitar tuning. Aquila makes strings for the Cordoba Mini with a 20" length for that tuning. That is the tuning I hope works. Rainer thinks G to G might be better, I'll do lots of experimenting and see what works best. It will probably be 4 weeks time or longer before I get my hands on it

Last edited:
All true Bill. There are also a couple of common reentrant forms - the so called Eddie Freeman Special and Kiku - as well as more exotic ones I'm sure. And DADGAD equivalents.

Thanks Bill that was very useful information on tunings for these nonstandard type instruments. It did not distract from the topic at all, I think it added much value.

Bump because it was my birthday and now I’m interested in a Romero Creations baritone guilele(still true that these will be out next year???). I know his signature 6 string model is tuned like a guitar, but is this smaller baritone guilele too, or is it ADGCEA?

Bump because it was my birthday and now I’m interested in a Romero Creations baritone guilele(still true that these will be out next year???). I know his signature 6 string model is tuned like a guitar, but is this smaller baritone guilele too, or is it ADGCEA?

Happy Birthday, David! Good to have you back around. Unlike the Pepe Romero Senior signature model which is essentially the size of a parlor guitar, these baritones can be tuned A-A like most guitaleles, or a full step down to Terz (G-G), or as Jim mentioned, even to E-E like a regular guitar with the right set of strings. For me, what works best at this scale length (20-21") is Terz, which is used in the demo video below.

According to Pepe, they should be in stores by January. The first prototypes have been sold via HMS, perhaps they still have a Baritone model in stock (not on the site).

https://vimeo.com/287931017

bump on this thread - 3.5 weeks since initial orders - nobody shipped yet?

Only because Rainer is asleep in Europe I will answer the question for you Jim. Rainers TT6 is in transit and he should get it this week, I was talking to him today. My baritone guilele is still awaiting its case to arrive, a standard off the shelf case won't work.

Last edited:
Only because Rainer is asleep in Europe I will answer the question for you Jim. Rainers TT6 is in transit and he should get it this week, I was talking to him today. My baritone guilele is still awaiting its case to arrive, standard off the shelf case won't work.

and Kathryn is getting hers tomorrow

Top Bottom