New and unusual Guilele models from Romero Creations

If there can be six-string ukuleles, can there be four-string guitars? ;)

This type of "discussion" is getting boring: Is it a lute or a uke? Is it a banjo or a uke? Is it a mandolin or a uke? Is it a guitar or a uke? There you have them all, and yes: every crossover is possible. As mgsondance mentioned, a four-string guitar is usually called a tenor guitar, but you can play it just like a baritone ukulele if you like. My recommendation would be to just enjoy the variety that is offered from these types of instruments and don't worry much about what they are called.

Just heard from Joel- the koa TT6's are on their way to HHS! Although now that I'm going to sell my mango Mya Moe, I'm going to hold out for a mango one. Cost of the koa model will be $1079.00

Just heard from Joel- the koa TT6's are on their way to HHS! Although now that I'm going to sell my mango Mya Moe, I'm going to hold out for a mango one. Cost of the koa model will be $1079.00

Whaaat, there is a Koa version of the TT6??!! This is great news, and gives me hope that there will be more wood options in the future.

But wait, there is more. Look at the picture Pepe just posted on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsWAexbA4Qo/

Do you see the TT6, second from the left? Good. Now look to the left: what do you see? --- Take a deep breath and let your pulse settle back to normal: There is a bigger version of the TT6, basically a baritone sized guilele in the shape of the Tiny Tenor! Is this the coolest thing, or what?! According to Pepe, the scale length is 21", and many of you will cheer: Pepe said it's tuned E-E.

Whaaat, there is a Koa version of the TT6??!! This is great news, and gives me hope that there will be more wood options in the future.

I didn’t think the koa was coming out this soon, either. But where there is koa, the spalted mango can’t Be far behind!
Pepe said there were 3 guilele models coming out- the 3rd must be that larger TT one. ����

But wait, there is more. Look at the picture Pepe just posted on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsWAexbA4Qo/

Do you see the TT6, second from the left? Good. Now look to the left: what do you see? --- Take a deep breath and let your pulse settle back to normal: There is a bigger version of the TT6, basically a baritone sized guilele in the shape of the Tiny Tenor! Is this the coolest thing, or what?! According to Pepe, the scale length is 21", and many of you will cheer: Pepe said it's tuned E-E.

Damn Rainer.........not sure if I should hug you or curse you. MUST.......back.....away.....from the computer screen while hiding my wallet

Looks like the DH6 (baritone sized Tiny Tenor guilele) is sold out already… :(

Koa TT6 listed : https://www.theukulelesite.com/shop...o-creations-tt6-k-koa-tiny-tenor-guilele.html

Sounds great of course but that's a good bit north of my comfort zone

I wanted the spruce and mahogany TT6 but it sold out today online and in their shops. Zack found a koa TT6 in the back room that hadn't been listed online yet so, after a few minutes of playing in slack and normal tuning I bought it. It was a few benjamins more than I was planning on but what Amazing tone for a wee instrument and the short scale was surprisingly easy to play, probably due to the wide neck and slight radius. They're installing a Five-O pickup so I can't take it home for a few days.

You guys that missed out on the baritone Romero might want to take a look at this:
https://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-by/price/400-699/pono-mb-6-solid-mahogany-guilele-oahu-case.html

Radius fretboard, 20" baritone scale. Also an acacia listed.

I was intrigued at first but then it has a really skinny fingerboard (44.5mm) so a deal breaker for me. It looks like a giant Pono MT. Steel-string converts will probably like it tho'. My wife has a Kanile'a GL6 Koa and that 51mm nut is like a dream to play on. Better than the RC Baritone 6, which is a tab tight at the nut but I've learned to grin and bare it as it sounds so dad burn good.

Last edited:
Where will he be performing? In the northwest? Do you mean Daniel?
I finally picked mine up yesterday & noodled around on it. I'm not playing it now... I think it's still resonating from the last strum yesterday.
After I placed the order for this, another big (non-uke) project fell in my lap. Between that & having just started ukulele, & forgetting most guitar chord shapes, it may be a while before I get to explore the TT6 in depth.
I actually was quite OK w/ a Spruce top for a TT6 (unlike my usual uke preferences), but all that was left was Koa :rolleyes: . This was my 3rd attempt at getting a guilele. 1st try: explored Cordobas & ended up with José González tix; 2nd try: ended up "tide over until THE guilele" baritone for almost $41 shipped. 3rd time's the charm. And I may get to see Dan Ho perform a few times this year...

I was intrigued at first but then it has a really skinny fingerboard (44.5mm) so a deal breaker for me.

You might want to check back with HMS about the nut width as the listing might be wrong about the 1 3/4". I think it looks wider than that from the photos, similar to Romero Creations' nut width.

I was the one who suggested to Pono to make a baritone sized guilele model using the same neck as on their BE-6 solid body electric model. Back then, I was told that the nut width was going to be 48 mm (more like 1 7/8"), which I find perfect for this scale length and the perfect middle between a classical and an electric guitar.

By the way, Pono also has a slightly bigger nylon string mini guitar named "ULN" which is based on their Terz guitar body, but with a 23" scale (the steel string model has 21.4"). This one is specifically stated to have a nut width of 48 mm. Here is a sound sample from "Southern Ukulele Store" which has them in stock:

https://www.southernukulelestore.co...acia-short-scale-terz-nylon-guitar-free-case/

I just bought the Romero Creations DH6 (baritone sized Tiny Tenor guilele).

I believe it was the only one they had available at this time.

The standard shape Baritone Guilele and the TT-6 are still available.
I guess had more than one, I purchased one yesterday.. looking forward to it!

I purchased one a few days ago. They got a dozen in last week.

Top Bottom