New Build Thread - Hive Ancient Spruce/Ebony

repeating what everyone is saying, this is the most striking uke I've seen. Can't wait to see and hear it? I've got a redwood Hive on order, but I've a looooong wait.
Thank you. I am partial to redwood so I can't wait to hear what Jake is building you. I know about the long wait...I spent a long time on the build list and then finally he got to me. Watching the build is both awesome and killing me. It will be worth the wait.

Thank you. I am partial to redwood so I can't wait to hear what Jake is building you. I know about the long wait...I spent a long time on the build list and then finally he got to me. Watching the build is both awesome and killing me. It will be worth the wait.

Yes, I’m sure that it will be worth the wait.

Congratulations! Looks like your instrument and mine are siblings (as in, built one after the other).

Congratulations to you too! Which one is your build?

Adirondack spruce over African blackwood. With your permission, here are a couple of pics. According to Jake, it's about to go "off to spray."

Not intended to derail your thread at all, though. Please let me know if I should delete them.

hivefront.jpghiveback.jpg

Adirondack spruce over African blackwood. With your permission, here are a couple of pics. According to Jake, it's about to go "off to spray."

Not intended to derail your thread at all, though. Please let me know if I should delete them.

View attachment 111871View attachment 111872

A couple of real beauties coming out of Jake's shop. I am sure that both of you will be extremely pleased with them.

View attachment 111871View attachment 111872

I saw this one and I have an African Blackwood ukulele which I love. Your build looks really nice. The sap wood matching on the back is amazing.

I saw this one and I have an African Blackwood ukulele which I love. Your build looks really nice. The sap wood matching on the back is amazing.

Thank you! I’m very excited about this instrument. I understand Jake prefers building with 12 frets to the body, like yours. I opted for 14. Your 12-fretter looks special!

@good_uke_boy; That's a gorgeous set of African blackwood! Wowza!

Thanks! This ukulele has been in the works for more than 20 months. I can’t wait to play “Pepe le Pew” for the first time!

Beautiful. I like to see ukes made with different kinds of wood and with non-standard headstock shapes. That one looks beautiful. Please keep us posted.

Thank you! I’ll do a NUD when it arrives. Probably after Patchenu posts one.

Absolutely stunning ukulele.

I'm having a similar specification built, (torrefied instead of ancient spruce), but with totally different finishing touches.

I'm saying they are different, but they haven't actually been decided yet....

Looking forward to the rest of your build thread with interest.

Ooooh. The Black Mamba. When you get it, we have to hear a sound clip!

Top Bottom