Dust and Pains

Ya got stairs? And in the bathroom or at the hedges one can at least sing. Our vacuum sounds like a jet plane. :eek:ld:

Yes, one could make the very true (on so many levels) statement that "vacuuming sucks!"

Would you believe that I still have and use the vacuum I first bought in 1973 when I lived in my first apartment? Got it at Montgomery Wards, it's a MW labeled Eureka canister. Alas, I will have to replace it one day, but everything nowadays is plastic overpriced junk. Meanwhile I keep duct taping the hose together when it breaks, and try to hang onto it until the motor finally gives out. That day, it will merit an elaborate funeral to rival the ones of the past weekend. LOL

"They shore don't make 'em like they used to!" /old fart voice

bratsche

P.S. Give me hedge trimming over vacuuming any day. Except a rainy one!

No, fortunately no stairs. At least not ones that need vacuuming.

I like to vacuum, although I would rather play the ukulele. I hate yard work of any kind. For fifteen years I had the best neighbor in the universe, a retired older gentleman who loved to do yard work. I had a lawn service for mowing in the summer and leaf raking/removal in the fall, but Marv just loved to trim the hedges in the front. It's not the same without him.

We’ve been rearranging my music room, and I’m really beat so far. Lifting and moving furniture is certainly not my forte’. But—arghhh!—I’m not 100% satisfied. It don’t look much better than before. What I really need is a bigger room!

Anyway, the vacuuming and dusting is done, and my asthma didn’t strangle me—yet. At least I didn’t hafta help my wife with her yard.

No music today I guess. I’ve still got stuff to do—ahhh, well . . . :eek:ld:

These days, when I'm thinking of re arranging furniture, I use pen & paper, to get a good idea of what it will look like afterwards, so that I don't have to keep on moving things around - works for me...... :)

Yeah, that’s a good way to “git er done”, but our problem was a bit different. We replaced an old, small bookcase with a new (but used) huge book case that we had to position and refill with books and stuff. I had to move musical instruments around too.

Moving that big, honking bookcase and a bunch of other stuff was a real chore for an old geezer like me. I’m not sure I like the way it looks, but I’m certainly not gonna move it again.

Anyway, it’s done now, and I can get back to the real purpose of the room—sittin’ and lookin’ at my stuff . . . :eek:ld:

Leave it be DUD, it's only going to get dusty again. Also try to sing louder than your vacuum. It will improve your projection, and keep nosy neighbors away.;)

Yeah, I sing or whistle all the time, but I hate loud noises (except for mine). Luckily I don’t usually vacuum because of the dust it raises (heh heh), and dusting is also verboten (heh heh heh). Man, this asthma is a rough disease—ahhh, well . . .

Strangely enough sometimes playing one of my stringed instruments makes me cough. Isn’t that weird? :eek:ld:

Well, I just finished sweeping out the garage and airing the tires on all three of our bikes, so I guess my “Dust and Pain” continues.

I still haven’t played anything yet today either. :eek:ld:

I am basically lazy. I don't mean that I don't like to do anything, I'll work on old motorcycles all day. Never have a problem motivating myself to play my ukulele, however, I can't really bring myself to work at much on the ukulele. But when it comes to house work and happy yard work, I hate it. And my wife and I are very neat people. We keep our place picked up and clean, but it is a chore for both of us. We just have to force ourselves to do it. My most redeeming quality is that I pick up and put stuff away when I'm done with it. I never leave things laying around. But I think that is my survival instinct clicking in. The alternative is to create a mess that would be worse to deal with.

I’m a neatnick too, but my wife is less so, though still okay. She won’t touch any of my instruments though. She says she’s afraid she’ll break something.

I’m kinda lax about wiping off my instruments when I finish playing. I know I should do it, but it’s a pain to wipe off somethin’ with all those strings, etc. The steel strung stuff is especially bad, and a jab with the end of a steel string is really painful.

If I had fewer instruments, I suppose cleanup would be a lot easier. I don’t know how 20 uke players do it. :eek:ld:

I’m a neatnick too, but my wife is less so, though still okay. She won’t touch any of my instruments though. She says she’s afraid she’ll break something.

I’m kinda lax about wiping off my instruments when I finish playing. I know I should do it, but it’s a pain to wipe off somethin’ with all those strings, etc. The steel strung stuff is especially bad, and a jab with the end of a steel string is really painful.

If I had fewer instruments, I suppose cleanup would be a lot easier. I don’t know how 20 uke players do it. :eek:ld:
I only have two ukuleles, or one ukulele, depending which place in at, and I don't wipe them down unless I'm changing strings, which I seldom ever do, or if I pick it up and my fingers stick to it because it is all sticky. I'm terrible about it. I am ashamed of myself.

Ya got stairs? And in the bathroom or at the hedges one can at least sing. Our vacuum sounds like a jet plane. :eek:ld:

My parents had a Kirby vacuum unit that was almost painfully loud, but it did clean well, and is still working fine after over 40 years.

My folks had a Kirby too, and my mom swore by it.

As ya get older, people give ya stuff when they pass, and it accumulates. We’ve got four old vacuums. One is super loud and changes pitch by itself, one is super heavy and a real hassle use for the stairs, one is out in the garage to do the car, and one is a handy, dandy portable one that doesn’t vacuum worth a dime.

Even weirder, the entire downstairs floor is either bare wood or tile and done with a dust mop! :eek:ld:

Top Bottom