I have a new LfdM Tenor ukulele on the way! Tell me about your LfdM uke.

GASguy

Reaction score
Hello All,

I just bought a LfdM Tenor in quilted maple and sinker redwood direct from Luis.

I have admired his work for a long time now, but have never had the opportunity to play one of his instruments.

So while I wait for FedEx to “bring it on home to me” (apologies to Sam Cooke), please tell me about Your LfdM ukulele.

Thank you!

Congratulations, you're in for a real treat! I love mine, both the Maccaferri design as well as it's loud voice. Cutting through almost like an electric guitar.

Congratulations on a wonderful instrument, I know this ukulele and you are going to love it. All LfdMs I have played are like a mini classical guitar in ukes clothing. Super splendid tone with an ease of playing like no other

I have a tenor with the grande bouche' sound hole, cutaway, armrest and 16" radius fretboard that is standard on Luis's ukuleles. Mine has a sitka spruce top with Amazon rosewood back and sides. It has tons of volume, is very articulate with a sweet tone, the complete package. My baritone is bearclaw spruce top bocote back and side snakewood trim. It blurs the line between ukulele and guitar with it large body and 22-1/4" scale and is the best sounding baritone I have ever played.

I have a third LfdM being built, should be ready in a few weeks. So yes I rather like what Luis does with wood.

Congratulations again, you were smart to buy that one, Enjoy it.

Last edited:
I have a wonderful, fabulous sinker redwood/EI rosewood LFdM Maccaferri-style tenor. I love it more every time I play it.

Congratulations and show us more pics when it arrives!

How did you buy direct, I thought Luis only sells in Canada and all US purchasing has to go through HMS?

How did you buy direct, I thought Luis only sells in Canada and all US purchasing has to go through HMS?

Just so there is no up roar I will answer this question. Luis made this instrument as one of the ones to be shipped to Andrew at HMS. It had a crack in the side so naturally Andrew did not want to sell it through his store. He gave Luis permission to sell it privately. He repaired the crack and posted it on FFM. Lifetime warranty stills applied and Gasguy was smart enough to buy it quickly

Congrats Gasguy! Luis make wonderful guitars and ukuleles. BTW, I spoke to Luis about this instrument prior to your sale, and DownUpDave describes the situation exactly.

I've played all the K brands......they don't touch what this genius can do with a bunch of diced up old trees!

Thank you for all your comments and input.

I have received the ukulele and it is a total stunner in looks, sound and playability.

I will be posting a New Uke Day thread shortly.

Thanks again to Luis for this splendid instrument and to UU forum for your input.

Top Bottom