Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NBUD: Gold Tone ME-Bass

I received the ME today. I have to say, it's a really nice instrument, I really like the body shape with the concave curves to fit against. It came with Aquila Thundergut strings which I'm going to keep for the time being, when they get too sticky and sausage, I'll change them to black Pahoehoe. I do think Gold Tone goes too far when they state that using any other strings not recommended by them will negate the 5 year warranty, that's a load of crap.

After I unboxed it, I put it in on the couch next to me and of course I knocked it to the hardwood floor a few minutes later. I hope the electronics can take a hit like that. It's too late in my apartment to plug it in, have to wait for the morning. I tuned up and the intonation at the 12th fret is a little sharp for the D and G strings, the E and A are really close. More to come tomorrow.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 9 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Ouch! Hope it is unscathed from the tumble. The intonation observation is interesting - the flatwounds behave just the opposite- bass strings are sharper than trebles.
    Ukelele:
    Iriguchi Tenor "Weeble" - Bb, SC SMU
    Blue Star 19" baritone Konablaster - DGBE
    KPK pineapple SLN-GCEA
    Cocobolo 16" SC#1-gCEA, SC SLMU
    Ono #42 19" baritone, Ab, LW
    Imua iET-Bb, M600
    Covered Bridge CLN pineapple - Eb cuatro, SC XLL
    Rogue bari
    Bonanza super tenor, FBL cFAD
    Kala KSLNG-C Lava
    Guitars: