GHS Craig Chee Bari-Tenor Ukulele String

I tried them on one of my tenor Ukes. I liked the sound. They played well kept in tune after a short settling in period. I recently took them off to put on some Living Water Low G strings as that tuning is more useful for me. I do have two Baritones for the DGBE tuning.

I have a Bruko tenor tuned reentrant DGBE. I used Worth CF strings and found they worked fine. The GHS dGBE set for a tenor sounds worth investigating.

I've recently retuned my 8 String tenor DGBE with the D strings in octaves and the other three pairs in unison. I've used Living Water Baritone strings for that as Ken Middleton produces both high and low G baritone sets. They have a slightly larger gauge string for string than Worth CF and I'm finding they are working well. I considered a classical guitar 5th string for the low D together with a Worth CF set as the Worth strings come in double length. However, after looking at a friend's guitar strings, the 5th string looked thicker than the LW D string on my baritone so I went for the two LW sets. Even so, I had to file the nut slot very slightly to fit the low D.

Overall I like tenors tuned DGBE. The Bruko has a lighter tone than my baritone but the 8 string - which has a larger body - does capture the baritone sound well and it's saved me the cost of buying an 8 string baritone, which I had been considering. :)

I never would have thought of this. It seems like it might be a good way to experiment with baritone without buying a new instrument, provided, of course, you already have a tenor. Thanks for the info.

It's also what Lyle Ritz used on his ukulele jazz recordings in the late 1950s (bari tuning on a tenor scale), only he had to mix and match his string sets himself.

Top Bottom