Review- Outdoor Carbon Tenor Ukulele

I’d suggest a decibel comparison between the two models—there are plenty of apps (some free) that work on your phone. We just bought 71 green Outdoor Ukuleles for our school. Still waiting for the planned hanging solution, but I can’t wait to give my kids the playing experience with the Outdoor Ukulele setup!

With all due respect... The OU description says 15 percent brighter not louder.
To the best of my knowledge, brightness is a tone quality not volume.

On a side note...Your reviews are very well done and I look forward to the comparison.

^^ True. 15 percent brighter can appear to be louder even if the decibels are the same. Our ears hear certain frequencies better than others, which in turn can lead to a greater perceived volume. I believe it is the upper mid range that we seem to hear best, so if the frequencies are greater in that area, the perceived volume will be greater.

Vic - I seen from the video that you ordered this tenor with the low G - but did I hear correctly that it was a wound low G? I thought that wound strings with the plastic saddle, nut, and frets was a no-no on these due to wear of the wound string. Does OU state that it's ok to use wound strings on their instruments? I use wound strings with the fifths tuning that I use. Thanks!

Vic - I seen from the video that you ordered this tenor with the low G - but did I hear correctly that it was a wound low G? I thought that wound strings with the plastic saddle, nut, and frets was a no-no on these due to wear of the wound string. Does OU state that it's ok to use wound strings on their instruments? I use wound strings with the fifths tuning that I use. Thanks!

Definitely unwound. No noise and less wear on my fingernails.

Top Bottom