New Password: Can't reply to posts

Doug W

Reaction score
Greetings,

I got a PM from a friend and fellow UU member. What should I do to help him?

Doug, I have trouble when logging on to UU. I changed my password after the recent hack and now when I log on I get a screen that says Invalid Redirect URL. I can still get to the forum from there, but I can't reply to anything or start a thread. I have sent various help request to UU, an email to ------, and PM's to ----- and some of the moderators but I get no response from them. Any ideas for how I can fix this?...

Obviously, he can PM me but not much else.

Thanks,
Doug

Hmm, I would try removing the browser history and stored passwords, close it down and come in again. It could be caching the old password somehow and mucking things up. Could also try another browser or computer that hasn't logged into UU before and see if that does any better.

Thanks for the suggestion Jim, I will wait to hear back from my buddy to see if he has tried this.

Thanks Bill, I have directed my friend to this thread to see the suggestions. He can't reply but should be able to follow these ideas.

Doug-

I get the same "Invalid Redirect URL" error when I log in. However, I just click the main "Ukulele Underground" header and all is good. I am able to post with no troubles.

Some good ideas offered here, and I would like to add the following:

Maybe have him flush the browser cache, and cookies, and the shutdown the browser, wait like 5 minutes and then try again.

Also, see if any browser add-ons are blocking things (NoScript, uBlock, Privacy Badger, etc), and if not, then make sure that the browser itself is the latest version, and that all of the installed add-ons are up to date.

Older browsers become intolerant of the new security certificates (issued by google and other powers of the internet), and then when web sites are using them, the older browser cannot understand them, and many errors will happen.

Another thing is to try logging in from another device or computer, like your phone or tablet or something that is a different operating system, like from a Mac instead of Windows, and see if there is a different experience. This narrows down whether it is the computer, the user, the browser or the web site itself.

Thanks to everyone. I can post again. I am old and not very computer literate, but my son helped me. Got the browser history cleared. It did not work at first but he kept at it until it did. Thank you guys. Steve.

Top Bottom