Seasons 343 "The Good, The Bad, The Ugly"

Ain't Good Enough For You

Three quick ones from me - first, one from the vast Bruce Springsteen back-catalogue of songs discarded from 'The River' album:

No Earthly Good

Second, one from Johnny Cash's vast repertoire of gospel songs:

She Was No Good For Me

Finally, a Waylon Jennings number, also covered (as a duet) by Willie Nelson & Miranda Lambert:

I'd have really liked to have had the opportunity to do a collab on "You're the reason our children are ugly" (once voted the top country title of all time), but time was once again against me, and my regular partner in rhyme has other commitments.

Greetings,

Saturday Morning tea in bed with your vids. Wow, up to 90 something. Through page 12 should up and commented. Please make sure your vid is on the list if it’s through 1-12. I double checked but you never know. More to follow. Need second cup of tea.

Ciao

Hi friends! This is my favorite ugly song. I maybe have done it for seasons before, I can’t remember. Either way, my child ignoring skills here are on point. :rock:

It has been a beautifully hot, sunny day here, and as we're in the middle of September now, it might be the last one we have this year. So, instead of gardening, I felt a sudden need to record an appropriate song (on which Rob has already put his inimitable stamp this week ... sorry, Rob); lovely days cannot be wasted at this time of year!

343 bad

I found an "Bad" song by Eric Clapton. I don't mean the song is "bad". It fits the theme "Bad" for the season. i actual like the song very much and used to do this song on guitar, in the clubs, in California with the rock band.

Using Sessionband ipad app for the backup band.

The Clash used to take the stage with the soundtrack from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly playing. And this outtake from Combat Rock works perfectly for the Season. Whee!

It occurred to me belatedly that there are a couple of songs that NEED to be done this week. This is one of them. I'm not sure whether I'll be able to get the other one done tomorrow. This is a song by Big Audio Dynamite, who are often referred to as B.A.D. But the real reason this song is important for this Season is that it includes extensive sound samples from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, plus shorter ones from a couple of other westerns. The video of the original can be seen here: Big Audio Dynamite - Medicine Show

Greetings,

It was a beautiful late summer day in NJ so I took off the day and had fun with friends and we had a nice fire pit cooking outside. Going to sleep as it’s almost 2AM. Catch up tomorrow, I spotted some excellent looking vids so more to come.

Ciao

I've done the good, and the bad... now for the Ugly. As "ugly as an old mud rail fence"

The Clash used to take the stage with the soundtrack from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly playing. And this outtake from Combat Rock works perfectly for the Season. Whee!

For some reason, I can't get this open on YT to comment. So let me just use these pages to express my admiration for this performance. Everything combines here as required to deliver the song just perfectly. I don't know of many participants in the Seasons who wear their talents so lightly. Arriving (as with so many of Ralf's contributions), as the Season winds down, I do hope it gets the attention it surely deserves.

For some reason, I can't get this open on YT to comment. So let me just use these pages to express my admiration for this performance. Everything combines here as required to deliver the song just perfectly. I don't know of many participants in the Seasons who wear their talents so lightly. Arriving (as with so many of Ralf's contributions), as the Season winds down, I do hope it gets the attention it surely deserves.
I did manage to comment on YT but I have to totally agree with you - this is a stunning performance from Ralf! Utterly compelling - please watch it everyone! :cool:

Greetings,

Wow. Over 100 vids. I’m impressed. Still a few more hours just in case.....will check tomorrow and post wrap this week or possibly a bit later as I will relisten to my favs again. Please check to be sure if you posted prior to this send that you are on the list.

A great week, and fun was had just listening and being a part of it all.

Ciao.

Top Bottom